Statement "from heaven"

by leaving_quietly 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

There was a post on here about a month ago about the DC speaker saying the statement was made that 'we are in the last day of the last days' and how we could count on it because it was in the outline and how the GB feels strongly about it. Well, apparently this is confirmed, because our speaker today was Samuel Herd, one of the GB members, and he prefaced it with: 'We got this statement from heaven'. Then he said something about not imagining coming up with the statement himeself. hen he said was was said elsewhere: 'We are in the last day of the last days.'

I'm sorry, I don't have a recording. I wish I did. I mean, WOW! 'bout fell out of my seat.

Noticeably, no mention of plans for a DC next summer.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Man, what BLASPHEMY!!!! We got this straight from heaven, yeah right. THAT'S TOO FUNNY!!!!

Kojack

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

He must think his arse is heaven.

• irondork
    irondork

Is that a normal day? A figurative day?

An overlapping day, perhaps?

What are we talking about here, Sam?

• Heaven
    Heaven

Just for the record, I've never spoken directly to the GB and probably never will.

• Listener
    Listener

Thanks for that confirmation Heaven, I didn't know whether to believe it or not.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

LOL, Heaven!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The last day of the Last Days.........

And they last and last and last and . . . . .

Oh oh, he forgot to add . . . . . a day with God is as 1,000 years.

Doc

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

DofC,

One of the statement I hate the most is when JWs say Adam's rebellion wasn't that long ago since in Jehovah's eyes 6,000 years is only 6 days...the problem is that I live in men's years, 70-80 years only...so soon for me must be tomorrow! Unfortunately the only way JWs can justify 140 years of "soon" is by converting it to Jehovah's scale...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit