A Prelude To JW Breakaways???????

by ladonna 4 Replies latest jw friends

• ladonna
    ladonna

Could this possibly lead to the WTBTS having a major breakaway from their main belief system as we have known it? Could the WTBTS break into many differing religions with different names?

I raise this issue as so many articles seem to point towards the JW's wanting to avoid any further litigation against them.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2001/004/12.25.html

Ana

• Perry
    Perry

Excellent article ladonna. It's just a matter of time when the "remnant" doctrine will also need to change to reflect the fact that Jehovah let them get old and die off before the END came.

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Hi Ana,

Thanks for posting the article.

Skipper

• Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick

ladonna,

I was curious about this article too. I was wondering about the Vow of Poverty that full time workers have to sign...as well as the various corporations the WTBTS have instituted to avoid legal action.
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=22382&site=3

Also, the article mentioned three corporations that were added:

Kingdom Support Services Inc., will focus on the everyday needs of individual congregations
    Religious Order of Jehovah's Witnesses, will interact with full-time workers, who take a vow of poverty
    Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, will oversee religious matters

Is there more information on these corporations? Was this only a political move to avoid legal action or are they acting corporations?

But, I only got one response LOL. I've really got to work on the names of my threads...perhaps it should have been "JWs try Different Positions"

wick
    (of the fallen through the cracks class)

• ladonna
    ladonna

Wick,

You are B.A.D., but seriously, is there so much heat now being put upon the WTBTS that they are worried about the expenditure that may arise if they continue on as they are?

The "old" GB either "has" to go or change many policies/beliefs, or there could be others, maybe younger ones, who decide to make a breakaway new JW's sect.

Just my opinion.

Wick , good article, too. Thanks! However, had you renamed your post, I don't think the ones you wanted to see it would have. Only the sex maniacs would have dropped in.......whew, doesn't leave many others, does it?

Ana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit