untitled

by jemba 5 Replies latest jw friends

• jemba
    jemba

I often wonder what the borg would do if governments decided to end 'marraige'.

So you have the ceremony but there is no need for the legal bit.

I kinda think things are headed that way because defacto and same sex relationships already have the same legal rights.

Marraige is open to abuse. eg. to get a green card or to get half the old guys money before he drops dead.

Now with so much focus on Gay people wanting the same rights as Heterosexual couples I half expect the government to drop the whole legal signing the marraige contract and everyone just have a commitment ceremony.

It would be funny to see them trying to draw the line as to when dubs could have sex and when couples could split up.

• jemba
  • dingo1
    dingo1

they wont ban marrige. church makes money at all ceramonies... hence the word monies in ceramonies. its called HATCH em, MATCHem, DISPATCHem. marrige is between a man, woman, and bank account. cashectomy on the way in...lawyer on the way out. in the words of BRAD NOWELL"marrige doesnt work in the world today, its an institution that is in decay".

• dingo1
    dingo1

they wont ban marrige. church makes money at all ceramonies... hence the word monies in ceramonies. its called HATCH em, MATCHem, DISPATCHem. marrige is between a man, woman, and bank account. cashectomy on the way in...lawyer on the way out. in the words of BRAD NOWELL"marrige doesnt work in the world today, its an institution that is in decay".

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Hey dingo1, you're a cynical old bastard, aren't you?

If marriages were de-legalised, I'd say the WTS would consider the religious ceremony to still hold the same significance, as it would be considered "before God" if done by a JW elder.

It would be interesting if they then decided that a marriage wasn't scriptually legal unless it was conducted by a JW elder!

• jemba
    jemba

Interesting BK, I never thought of that 'before god' thing. Yes they would probably go on as they did before.

True Dingo but everyone could still make money from the 'ceremony'. Everything could go an as it did before, except without the bit of paper.

I just imagine the JWs panicking because its not 'legal'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit