Dear Caleb - Jehovah is not sad

by jgnat 9 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jgnat
    jgnat

I watched the children's video. Pretty slick. Do Jehovah's will or else your parents and God will be very, very sad. Maaaan, I feel for Caleb. This is Manipulation 101. The WTS does do us a favour by laying down the real reason children - and adults - conform. It also explains the Witness demeanor by day two of convention (grim determination), and their slogging steps in field service. "...must not make Jehovah sad..." I think from now on I am going to call them Blue Witnesses.

How about living by principle...like reverence for life, kindness, generosity... than blindly following some incomprehensible instructions from a Blue God?

Besides, Jehovah of the bible is not blue. He's red.

And in the greatness of thine excellency thou hast overthrown them that rose up against thee: thou sentest forth thy wrath, which consumed them as stubble. - Exodus 15:7

Ye shall not afflict any widow, or fatherless child. If thou afflict them in any wise, and they cry at all unto me, I will surely hear their cry; And my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless. - Exd 22:22-24ΒΆ

And the LORD said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it [is] a stiffnecked people: Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation. [Moses talks down Jehovah] And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people. [Exodus 32:9-14]

I cannot recall Jehovah being sad, unless you count Jesus weeping for the people. And Jesus wept for the ignorance and suffering he saw; not out of disappointment.

http://youtu.be/hOVSfYFhNZw

I also feel for Witness parents, who get the unenviable job of laying out unrealistic expectations, then when the child fails, to bottle up the redness behind a mask of blue misery. Hug the child on the way to study.

Did you notice how Caleb's natural exhuberance was systematically extinguished?

• snowbird
    snowbird

I noticed - and wept - for the Calebs and Jaels who are caught up in the misery of trying to please Jehovah the GB.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I similarly see red when I hear admonitions and encouragement from the platform to give up scholarships in favour of field service.

I wept inside at the last circuit assembly where parents sadly told the tale of shunning their son, tragically disabled in a car accident. Sad???? They should be ashamed!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If I heard that experience at a circuit assembly I think I would be tempted to find them among the crowd and say that they should be ashamed to their face. It could be enough to shake sense into them.

It was the most striking think. You might expect them to have ended the story with the boy being happy to please Jehovah but they didn't even attempt to portray that. His enthusiasm was purely crunched with nothing to replace it.

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

What offended me also was how the mother/wife was portrayed in the one cartoon. She was on her knees (submission) scrubbing the floors when her little boy came in dirtying the floor. The little woman started crying (women can't control their emotions) and it was the big man that was more gentle and rational towards the boy. That's how I saw it anyway. If you were really to study these videos I think there's a lot more said.

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

sorry double post

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

my kids love magic and dragons. I knew what the video would do.

I prepped them up alogn with wifey, and showed them from youtube. My wife was embarassed and played it off!

Anyway, children are smarter than you think, at last weeks meeting they wispered in my ear: "Daddy, are they telling me that I think with my heart instead of the brain"? I said: "don't believe everything you hear, listen to teachers and daddy"!

they are gonna screw themselves.............. the ones that stay are gonna be the socially deprived and stunted! not really a good witness for God?

• frankiespeakin
  • objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Interesting Video - Thanks for posting that Frankie.

• hoser
    hoser

Very interesting video

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit