Mental captives are blind deaf & dumb

by chichimama_2 2 Replies latest jw friends

• chichimama_2
    chichimama_2

There was a post I made here way back in 2002. It was about a crazy phone call I received from my JW mother.

The whole thread is a pretty good read. Found here

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/24476/1/My-Crazy-Mother

But my focus at the moment is something in that phone conversation that stands out to me in view of recent events. My mom is talking to me about Bill going public about the Child abuse problem in the Organization

She says that the Catholic Church has stuff plastered all over the news about child abuse and the fact that the JW issue has not been exposed in the same way means we don’t have anything! She basically tells me we are lying about the extent of the problem with the JWs. I told her not to speak so fast, their day is coming.She kept pushing asking why it isn’t on national news yet and I told her that it has been in the news just not to the extent as the Catholics because the JWs are insignificant in the public in comparison. She said, “ That is not true!”

Well, I was right their day came! Its been plastered all over the National news.There was Dateline and other shows in different countries.

The worldwide exposure of their Pedophile problem will continue.

Does any of that matter to them?

The truth is slapping them in the face but my Mother, sister and most of the Witnesses will continue think its a lie and defend Watchtower no matter what.

They just view it as persecution. Blind ,deaf and dumb!

Learning about the Conti case and that Watchtower loosing the lawsuit will be a last straw for a few who were already beginning to wake up.

I am thankful that they will finally be free.

But sad and frustrated for the rest of Watchtowers mental captives.

AKA ,

Ranchette

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Dear Ranchette, you are so right, Blind deaf and Dumb (dumb in both senses of the word !).

I have given up trying to wake up my family to their condition, but I hope to help other JW's if at all possible.

As another poster lamented, what will it take to make them see ?

I don't know.

• chichimama_2
    chichimama_2

I feel the same way.I didn't even bother this time. The Conti story and the facts (court documents) are easily accessed.

Dang, All they have to do is read the documents to see that Watchtower is lieing to them.

I used to get so excited when big events happened. Hoping they would wake up.

I think they have to be distressed even if it's on a subconscience level before they will start view these things without their cult filtered glasses on.

AKA ,

Ranchette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit