Got a phone call from the elders today

by finally awake 9 Replies latest jw friends

• finally awake
    finally awake

Just ROn got a phone call from the an elder today...they want to "meet" with us. LOL like that's gonna happen, right? Anyway, at least they had the good sense to have Brother Hasn't Pissed Us Off Yet call instead of Brother Thinks We SHouldn't Feed Our Kids or Brother Beat Our Kid. We saw Brother Talks A Good Game at the WalMart a couple of days ago, so I guess that reminded him that we do still live here. There's only 4 elders to choose from, so it seems they maybe realize the other 2 really stepped in it with us. I told Just Ron that I was not interested in "meeting" with anyone. All they are doing is fishing for a reason to DF us or an opportunity to guilt us back into the Borg.

Meh. Maybe I should "meet" with them, and wear my beautiful Sparlock shirt.

• Sulla
    Sulla

You'll get tried in absentia and df-ed. You probably know that already.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Tell them you'll meet with them for drinks at El Torito as long as they are buying. No El Torito pick another bar.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

One Elder or 2 on the phone? I let my calls roll to voicemail. :)

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

One of the glorious benefits of being df'd is not being stalked by curious and nosey elders!

• hubert
    hubert

"I quit" said....

"Tell them you'll meet with them for drinks at El Torito as long as they are buying. No El Torito pick another bar".

Hubert says.... "Tell them you'll meet them at Hooters".

• finally awake
    finally awake

The funny thing is they made sure to call from a number Just Ron didn't have programmed in his phone. I've made a practice of not answering calls from dubs, and not returning calls when they leave a message. I don't generally answer the phone at all unless I recognize the number, but lately I've gotten less paranoid about it. I don't know why he didn't just let it roll to voicemail.

• just Ron
    just Ron

Well I prayed about the matter to Jehovah. I asked Jah to have them call me back by 5 pm central time if they really are reps. for the true religion and guess what no phone call. I'm so relieved I made the right desision to leave. So my sign was no sign.

just Ron

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Just ignore them. If they catch you on the phone or face-to-face be polite, but firm, with your "No thanks!"

If they ask why, say, "It's personal." or "None of your business." or "I don't trust you."

• finally awake
    finally awake

No follow up at all. Those elders would make lousy collection agents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit