Something good...

by tec 9 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

Someone shared this on another forum. I wanted to share it here as well.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/pictures-that-will-restore-your-faith-in-humanity

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

They were nice...thanks for sharing. Some made me go awwwww...and some made me think how wonderful people really are....

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

lovely

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yes, amen, and Hallelujah!

The true Light continues to shine ...

• AGuest
    AGuest

Tec love (the greatest of love and peace to you!), I tried to watch this last night, but it loaded SO slow. I made it to the sheep rescue... and then though, "These young men are, by NATURE, willing to risk their lives in that tumultuous sea to save a sheep... a mere animal... and we're currently discussing a JW mom who isn't will to risk HER life for her own son... which some believe isn't UNnatural"... and I just closed it down.

I still can't get it to load quick enough, but what I did see was great.... and very encouraging. THANK you.

And, again, peace to you!

Your servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• justmom
    justmom

made me cry..... thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justmom Kim

• talesin
    talesin

Yes, I saw this on f/b last nite, it's heartwarming.

Interestingly enough, I went to a spoken word concert last night. The artist, a 51YO former punk rocker and still-philosopher, talked for 2 hours and 40 minutes, not even pausing for a drink of water, while sharing his life experiences thus far.

These experiences included his early days of disillusionment with the system (his mother was the head of a US Dept. of Agriculture & something, which was chopped by the Reagan adminstration), tales from rock and roll and the early punk scene, travelling to Haiti with a friend and a bunch of cash to provide relief (what was most wanted in the tent camps was soap and soccer balls!), journeys in China and Tibet (watching young Chinese soldiers terrorizing senior Tibetan citizens just to show force), performing for troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, being one of the 100 people given a visa to North Korea (surreal!), and being asked to do a series for National Geographic last year.

His love of humanity was clear, and his message was not what I expected. I expected a rant. What I got was a sincere belief that the goodness of humanity will triumph over the terrible and awesome events that are now taking place in our global village. I laughed, I cried, and left feeling emotionally drained, yet hopeful. Thanks, Hank!

tal

• tec
    tec

I'm glad everyone enjoyed them. Sorry they wouldn't load right for you, Shelby. My two favorites (that brought up the most tears) are the one where a man takes off his shoes and gives them to a homeless woman in Rio; and another where an army guy asks protestors (in a volatile place) to please not fight on his birthday. So they made him a cake and gave it to him instead, and hugged him, and the military man is covering his eyes to try and stop from crying from what they've done for him.

Another one similar to the sheep with the two men, were two kids making a human ladder of themselves to help get a puppy out of a ravine/ditch thingy.

Peace and love to you,

tammy

• tec
    tec

That would have been something to sit in on, Tal. Thanks.

Peace,

tammy

• talesin
    talesin

I really like the one of the general, too. It was obvious he was really touched, and that's huge with a military man. And I loved the guy who saved the woman's dog. :))

Do you remember when Romeo D'Allaire came back from Rwanda? Seeing that man cry, ripped my heart out!

Good thread, Tammy, and thanks.

xo

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit