This One Didn't Have to Have His Sins Covered Up

by Yan Bibiyan 1 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Cops won't charge dad who killed his daughter's abuser

Opinions were sharply divided about what should happen to the dad from Shiner, Texas, who used his bare hands to beat to death a man he reportedly caught sexually assaulting his 5-year-old daughter. Now police have announced their verdict: The father won't be charged. "He was just protecting his daughter and doing what he thought he had to do to protect his daughter," said Sheriff Micah Harmon from the Lavaca County Sheriff's Office, adding that he believes the father is remorseful for his actions. Harmon concluded that the incident had been "traumatizing" for the girl and her family -- something everyone is sure to agree on.

Story here

Comments below overwhelmingly side with the father....

Just saying in light of the WT's own child abuse "headaches"

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

The guy responded naturally to the input he was given, and was treated accordingly. I wondered as I was reading it though had the father been hispanic and the perpetrator white, would he have been released? I sure hope so. I think it sounded open shut, then my PC gear kicked in-I know that it is not unheard of for different races to experience a different justice. In this case, I think the right thing was done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit