THREAD FOR HARD COPY NEWSPAPER, MAG. CANDACE ABUSE CASE

by hubert 4 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert

I haven't seen a thread for just this subject yet, and I'd like to see a thread to report any hard copy newspaper or magazine articles on the Candace Conti verdict anywhere in the U.S.

Currently, all I have is a hard copy of the NEW YORK TIMES, dated Monday, June 18, 2012. The Times didn't go into enough detail for what I would like, and I'm looking for more local newspaper or magazine listings that are or will carry this story in print. I am looking for papers in the area of Massachusetts or Rhode Island, but as long as I can get them in a newsstand locally, that will suffice okay.

Thanks.

Hubert

• hubert
    hubert

Well, no bites yet.

The reason I put this thread out is because if you printed out any articles about the Candace Conti child abuse case and showed them to J.W.'s at your door, they will just dismiss it as "The internet, tampered with by Satan", and it won't even budge a J.W.

That is why we need "hard copies" of this news item. When confronted with J.W.'s at the door, and presenting a newspaper article, how can they say "it was tampered with by Satan".?

Especially if you have two or more different newspapers. They can't say "It's a typographical error", can they? This is why we all need to have a copy or two of newspaper articles, preferably a local paper or two, at the door in case we get a visit by j.w's.

Does this make sense to any of you?

Hubert

• cedars
    cedars

Good idea. I too would like to see scans of printed articles. These carry more weight and impact for some reason.

Cedars

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

The San Francisco Chronicle (hard copy) of Saturday, June 16, 2012, carried on page A-1 a lengthy article titled "Jehovah's Witnesses lose big Fremont molest suit," by Demian Bulwa. I found it on their website on the 16th and copied it, but now that story has been replaced on the SF Internet website with the AP story that is making the rounds and is quite short.

---

In the New York Times (hard copy) of June 17th on page A14, is the AP story. How do I know it was in the hard copy? Because it is stated under the NYTimes article that appeared on the Internet.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/18/us/28-million-awarded-in-jehovahs-witnesses-abuse-case.html?_r=1

Barbara

• hubert
    hubert

Thanks, Barbara. I didn't look at the "fine print" under the article. I will from now on.

I do have some copies of the NY Times from June 18, but I don't like how they didn't mention the W.T. involvement too much. I am looking for a longer version of this article. Perhaps it will come out in a weekly news magazine soon.

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit