Announcements regarding congregation accounts report is back on for Service Meeting

by oppostate 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oppostate
    oppostate

With the last Service Meeting the reading of the local congregation accounts report will be back on the schedule being read from the podium.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

That way it won't take long to accrue $28 million to pay off a few debts.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Can you raise your hand to ask a question?

"How much did we spend on electricity? water? heating? oh, and pedophile lawsuits?"

• shamus100
    shamus100

I'd like to ask a question, brother. When the congregation pays out the lawsuit they lost, will it close its doors or do we have to pay for the pedophile lawsuit?

What if we go through the same thing?

• oppostate
    oppostate

@skeeter1

Excellent question!

====

One figure that won't be mentioned is how much money the WTS has on hold for the congregation in their own banks.

And also if a congregation shares a meeting the actual costs from the KH Operating Committee will not be read to the congregation.

So that if an Operating Committee has $20,000+ in the bank, that is in trust with the WTS's bank account so they can use it, invest it and what not, the sum will not be read in the report, but only the local Congregation expenditures and receipts for the month, that way it seems like they're just barely making it from month to month.

BTW... The bookstudy will now be adding 5 minutes and the Service Meeting will be deducted 5 minutes.

All announcements will happen during the first part scheduled for the Service Meeting.

It used to be that if I or my wife missed a meeting due to sickness or some dire circumstance the question to the one that did attend was "Anything new in the Announcements?" Well, I guess that says how much more non-eventful every mid-week meeting will become.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I'm shocked they ever stopped reading it. I bet contributions are down a lot, without it being announced.

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

Does any one have a copy of that announcement to post here?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

More houndings for people to go deeper into debt in order to pay for the pedophile lawsuits. I personally hope people nick their donations, preferably to zero--if they don't even make enough for day to day expenses, they can't make enough to give the members of the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger their livelihood. Add a few pedophile lawsuits, and they are pretty much toast.

And may Father Satan punish them to the max, for ruining lives on purpose.

• blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit