Perfection........

by criticalwitness 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• criticalwitness
    criticalwitness

what exactly is perfection? its relative in a sense in that just because one is perfect doesnt mean he does everything perfectly. for instance jesus had to learn things like being a carpenter learning how to read with learning comes mistakes. if put him on a golf coarse he would not auttomatically sink a hole in one everytime. alsoit doesnt mean complete control of mind and thoughts because even jesus thought about god removing cup from before him but corrected his own thoughts and said not my will take place but yours. so is it to think something wrong or to dwell on that wrong thought? was what adam and eve did a sin? they where perfect! they decided perfectly what they wanted to do did they not have the right to not like something? maybe they honestly didnt like gods rule is that not allowed? where they to move thru everlasting life in silence to what they did not approve of? if he only created apples to eat could they say i dont like taste of apples would that be a sin? everything god creats is perfect and god likes it! can you amicably disagree with god? well clearly by the years of endless suffering one can not!

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

God's idea of perfection and free will don't seem to go together. Just like when He said "Choose today whom you will serve, me or the other gods. By the way, if you choose the other gods than I'll kill you. But it's your choice. Just know that I'll kill you if you reject me, but like I said, it's up to you."

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

When I was a JW, I sort of took it to mean that we would be returned to whatever God's original design specs were. We would be more like Adam and Eve. But now I realize that this sort of begs the question. OK, so what exactly was different about them? I can't try to answer that without cheesing off any Bible believers in the room, though. :-)

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Perfection is a figment of our imaginations, so it's whatever we want it to be.

• Miles3
    Miles3

Perfection is a concept created by people that can't stand life and reality, and need to believe the problem is not in their depressed mind, but in a humanity that has "sinned", "fallen from grace" and need to be "saved". Don't judge them, at the time, they didn't have antidepressants nor LSD, and booze was scarce. You make do with what you have at hand, and trust me, crazy isn't a bad option when you're out of wine and can't remember that fancy trick with the water.

It's a certainty, people's little voice in the head is going to make everything better someday, promise! Except for animals that will keep dying, because they don't deserve it, after all we humans are so much supperiors, even though we share 98,8% of our DNA with chimpanzees. They get to keep dying though they can have sex everyday with whoever they want, male or female; we get to live forever with the arrogant pricks our species keeps producing at a steady rate, you tell me who's got the better deal.

Imagine it, being stuck in an endless forum thread of people congratulating themselves they all have a little voice that speak to them.

Guess it's time to go back to the zoo after all. But feel free to chose perfection, at least you get to spend your entire life feeling like a failure!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit