Very Curious, what kind of feedback are you getting from ACTIVE Jehovah's Witnesses on Candace's California Court Victory ?

by Balaamsass 51 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

It has been about a month. Has anyone heard more comments on the Conti trial?

I have gotten more FB friend requests and phone calls from active and ex-JWs. The combination of the lawsuit WITH calls for give us more money $$ seems to have lead a number of active JWs to TELL ME to look at some ex-jw webstes (LOL ROF). I am getting questions about old Bethel stories about Knorr, Franzes etc. (Is it true? )

What about others?

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

lol well i asked my mom how she's going to take it when more and more scandals and lawsuits start coming to the fore and she said she'll be embarrassed, bt it's still the truth...

i wonder if she'd think that if i was one of the victims...probably so it would seem

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Curious....This week is a big date. Any feedback from current JWs?

• flipper
    flipper

This is an important thread. Bump this baby to the top

• smiddy
    smiddy

Agreed, this needs to be kept where people see it.

smiddy

• new22day
    new22day

A few weeks ago my ex mentioned that the pedophile issues (i brought up long ago) bothered him so he asked the elders. They advised they can't turn a pedophile away who starts attending the org. but they ensure that person is never left alone and an elder accompanies him everywhere to keep an eye on him. He apparently talked to the RCMP about it who agreed membership can't be denied. A dodge of the issue at hand with Conti.

Do you think that supervision really happens?

• Comatose
    Comatose

Most do take it seriously and follow the perv around to the bathroom etc.

only two days left. I don't think they are gonna file the appeal. I think they just wanted as much time to go by as possible to lessen the bad publicity. The more time that passes the more dubs will get used to what they have heard already and ignore any more.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Plus, they won't want anymore bad press this side of the memorial .....

I had no idea all of these things were happening. It sickens me. And the attitude of some jw's sickens me too. they spent long enough spouting hate against the church. Taking a moral high ground. pointing fingers and snide remarks. And they have to audacity to go into these peoples countries, (their homes, their families, their communities, with all their ancestary and culture,) as guests and visitors, under the protection of the laws of the country, and do this preaching of morality and truth and a superiority of spirituality.

I have personally seen many many catholics that have shown by far superior 'christian qualities' than the one that is standing there holding the Bible.

It's hypocrisy. It's not the r&f who are to blame, they are doing what they been dummed into doing like good slaves.

Hope i don't offend anyone. sorry if i do.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

My mother is an active JW, and is in symapthy with Candice, and thinks she deserves the money. She believes it is the Truth, but that Brooklyn is corrupt.

zed

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Every JW I have tried to talk to about this case has not heard ANYTHING about it. I told them that it was on the 'old' JW official website and every single one fo them told me that they don't go to the news section, only the literature. My son-in-law's family denied that it was really JW's, it must have been someone else. Others have said that the molester was not a JW. One JW actually said that it was a shame that Conti had to take her brothers to court and bring shame to Jehovah and his organization! WHAT?

Typical JW, make it the VICTIMS fault! I commend Candace Conti and her family and hope WTBT$ gets exposed for the monsters they are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit