Very Curious, what kind of feedback are you getting from ACTIVE Jehovah's Witnesses on Candace's California Court Victory ?

by Balaamsass 51 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Breakfast of Champions

I LOVE MY WIFE!!!
    So I Google news her the story about the child abuse case. Her reaction?
    "If they cover up child abuse, they're getting what they deserve!" and "They want us to 'Safeguard Our Hearts' and they're safeguarding monsters!"
    Made my weekend

If i have it right, this isn't the first time your wife has sat up and taken notice when you've shown her an uncomfortable JW fact, is it?

Could she be waking up?

• Dagney
    Dagney

Heehee, talking to one now, he's looking it up.

• loosie
    loosie

I am getting dead silence from the JW i sent it to. I guess htey are spechless.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

All quiet today. I am helping out a tad by forwarding the article to smaller local papers, and active JWs. For those still in the JW "closet", this would be a good time to set up a new gmail account and email the story to your JW family and friends.

• Dagney
    Dagney

HOnestly, not as disturbed as we are about this. I guess I have to put myself in their shoes again, to think like them to figure out how to spin this.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I’ve mentioned it to a few. I was surprised to learn they had already read about it online. Their reaction was disbelief and shock. My comment to them was ……….’the worst is yet to come for the WTBTS’.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Well I called quite a few. Sent out a number of emails with links, and emailed local newspaper editors with info on local cases to give Candices' case "local flavor". Actually, very quiet Sunday afternoon. The story seemed to have an unexpected effect on the JWs I spoke with on the phone....all were drinking heavily!! LOL :)

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I am surprized by the feedback on Monday morning.

It is THE subject of conversation among pioneers doing "streetwork" in San Francisco, Oakland and the East Bay according to a Bay Area JW I just spoke with on the phone. He thought it might be "Jehovah's Judgement on the Governing Body", he said "all the folks in service thought the Governing Body were in the wrong for getting involved in "police business"."

I was shocked by Mom. She said "Why does the Society stick their nose in this?"- She had been talking to a number of "old timers" on Sunday about the case.

I guess it has been crawling around in peoples heads for a few days...even dense die hards realize children should be protected, elders aren't cops, and the WTBS secrecy policy was/is insane.

• DT
    DT

It's good to hear that this news is having an effect on some at least. Many will blame the Governing Body, even if they remain loyal to the religion.

• sir82
    sir82

If the Society had an ounce of sense they'd say something.

The dead silence is telling, and leads to continued wild speculation by the publishers.

This really seems to have caught them (the Society and average publishers) off guard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit