Watch out for increased disfellowshippings in light of sex abuse ruling.

by integ 7 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• integ
    integ

This latest ruling could end up being double edged sword.

IF the "Society" does indeed make an "adjustment" in how they handle a brother or sister's complaints of abuse by abandoning the "two witness rule" then it could be an easy transition into df'ing more people due to their not being a requirement of having "two witnesses" to any event of badness on the part of congregation members.

With THAT "adjustment" anyone could just make up stuff from now on and have JC meeting to lower the boom. No more would 2 witnesses be needed.

I'm sure they would use this "clarification in understanding" to their benefit as they do with everything else they implement.

They have been trying to thin the herd with getting rid of those harboring doubts for some time. This could just make it easier.

Just a thought.

• zoiks
    zoiks

You may be correct. They could even keep the "two witness" rule, and just say that the second witness is Jehovah.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

However if there is no evidence to support another's claim, and false/hollow DFings rise, it will open the door for libel and slander cases.

To that I say,"YAY!"

• sir82
    sir82

I doubt the "2 witness rule" for DFings will change.

However, I expect there may be more "enlightenment" about reporting crime.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don't think they need to change their two Witness rule in terms of their own internal discipline. What they need to do is report criminal matters to the police and allow/encourage victims to do the same. Why should that be so hard?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

This could get fun.

• baltar447
    baltar447

I think it's about to get messy.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

They hAVE ALREADY "adjusted"the "two witness" rule.

At one time they required two witnesses to each occasion of wrongdoing.

Now they will accept testimony of two separate witnesses each of whom only witnessed one of the occasions. (eg smoking or getting drunk)

I THINK (I dont have the litterature anymore to search) they said that two children who had been abused on separate occasions, would count as two witnesses.

I also think but cannot quote, that a childs accusation along with a "second witness" in the form of DNA evidence is now acceptable.

But since they terrorise the victims by making them face their abuser, it makes it very difficult for a child, ALONE with three old men in black polyester suits, and the abuser in his black suit to have the courage to say what has been done.

Why dont they allow the kid to testify on a video, or at least let the Mother or Father be there to hold a hand and give reassurance?

The way of LOVE is not their chief concern here. Now they are losing million$ for their moral bancruptcy.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit