Anyone out there trapped in a unscriptural divorce by their witness mate.Unable to get remarried or you will be shunned

by BlindersOff1 6 Replies latest jw friends

• BlindersOff1
  • wha happened?
    wha happened?

This happened to me in my 1st marriage. She had the affair, I almost figured it out so she left. I couldn't even look at a sister without the elders jumping up my ass. Eventually she was caught doing the horizontal bop with some other sister's husband. I was still stuck for a few years

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

I'm not however I know quite a few who are, and it sickens me; most of them are great people and deserve to be happy but aren't allowed to have that “apparent luxury”.

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised though, some days I swear the sole purpose of the WTBT$ is to suck every ounce of happiness from it’s members.

• Honeybadger
    Honeybadger

My poor mom- she put up with my stepdad's abuse and manipulation for 11 years, and finally divorced him. He was a brutal tyrant, and yet it's technically "unscriptural"... I'm sure if Jesus was real, he wouldn't have a problem with someone leaving an abusive relationship. It's just ridiculous.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I faced that situation when I divorced my dangerously abusive jw husband who was threatening to kill me, (forcibly committed to mental institutions twice for being a danger to himself and others...particularly me). My problem wasn't that I couldn't remarry. My big fear was that he'd kill me after the divorce, because he wouldn't be able to pursue another victim, I mean wife, as he preferred to beat up women like his mother and spouse.

Anyway, thinking that I'd already been df'd, I made a false confession of adultery to my jw mother, who'd been dispatched from out of state, probably by him...you know the one who remained faithful to Jehovah's organization. It makes me sick just thinking about it.

• lumper
    lumper

If you are being held hostage in a failed marriage remember Jesus's words about the standards. Law of the OT. Hesaid he did not come to take away "one jot or tittle" from the Law. Under the Law you could divorce due to desertion, lack of "marital due", abuse. I am not at my desk to give scriptural proof but look for it and you will find a law that even Jesus said he would not change. I know this would never be good for the super spiritual elders or GB but maybe it will give a trapped one peace to make a good decision in a bad situation.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

How sad having the most private decisions in your life in the hands of other people like that. And yet when you are in the organization you come to view this as normal. It is not.

“Who are you to judge the house servant of another?” Rom 14:4

“One there is that is lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But you, who are you to be judging your neighbour? James 4:12

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit