JW Principal

by dog is god 6 Replies latest jw friends

• dog is god
    dog is god

What does everyone think about the JW principal who wouldn't let kindegarters sing Proud to be an American but chose JBieber's BAby Baby Baby. Said the first song was culturally offensive.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

It was on the news last night:

Principal Who Banned 'God Bless The USA' Getting Death Threats

http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-god-bless-usa-061212,0,7467477.story

• snowbird
  • Think About It
    Think About It

From what I read, kids at that school have sung Proud To Be An American before with no problems. The Principle's first reaction was probably your typical JW reaction to something patriotic. She then reasoned herself a way to cut it from the kid's program. She wasn't concerned about anything, but being a JW with the power to stop it. I have no problem with those who are not proud to be an American. For years my patriotism was stiffled by an athoritarian religious cult controlled by the Watchtower Society. What burns my ass now, are those who openly try to influence others that patriotism like singing Proud To Be An American is culturally offensive to others.

Think About It

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Even if I don't agree with the "God bless" part anymore, that's no reason to ban a song. People listen to it because they are proud of America, and whether "God" refers to Jesus, Jehovah, Satan, Enki, or just a concept remains up to the individual. But, banning it simply because you are imposing your religion on your subjects is not excusable. And this principal would have a cow if I tried to force him to become a Satanist and he didn't want to--and if he wouldn't like that, he should not be trying to impose Jehovah's Witless-ism on his students.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Looks like another witless has gone on a power trip.

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

Many news sources are leaving out the fact that the principal is likely motivated by religous beliefs. Most people will misinterpret the story and get the impression that it's actually about the "atheist agenda".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit