Hospitality........Texas style

by Makena1 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Makena1
    Makena1

The highlight of a recent business trip to Texas - Austin, Dallas and Houston was to finally meet in person - Xena and Tim, and Andi and Neil. What great, lovely people! Thanks for making my wife and I so welcome and "at home".

We have all been through a lot - posted, chatted, emailed - but visiting in person is the best.

We have also made some wonderful friends locally too - Mulan and her husband in particular. Thanks to everyone who has been so supportive.

Just wanted to share,

Mak

Some men worship rank, some worship heroes, some worship power, some worship God, & over these ideals they dispute & cannot unite--but they all worship money.
    - Mark Twain

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Hey,are you Mak from Tim's boards?Hi .We miss you!Glad you are OK!How's your beautiful wife?My name here is GG but I am Snoozy on Tim's board!Diggy just joined us again. I see Xena is here also,and April (Tatiana)Come visit sometime,and bring your wife!LOL! Bye.GG (Snoozy)(Somebody had that name here!)

• Valis
    Valis

New light from recent posts has led to at least one public rebuke and possible spankings for not letting some of us know there were apostate missionaries running rampant through our circuits and districts...will the following brothers and sexy sisters please stand up...Xena and Tim, and Andi and Neil. By makena's own admission you have obviously stumbled them..and I quote.."What great, lovely people! Thanks for making my wife and I so welcome and "at home". Oh for shame!!! I might make you recite from memory and write an essay on Jeremiah 25:27-28, if this behaviour persists. BTW, how do you guys feel about 1st Saturday of April for Apostafest? Maybe meet for dinner at yummy restuarant and then if you are real nice I'll show you The Magic Christian and feed you homemade ice cream at my place......after we study for Sunday of course...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Mulan
    Mulan

Hey, Mak! We want to get together soon. We have been really busy with our parents, and in particular, moving my mother. This weekend is the big move. We have been sorting all week. She is in a group home now. All her stuff goes into storage tomorrow. What a JOB!!

Glad your Texas trip was good. Say HI to Sabine for us.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

Valis, April 1st sounds good! I hope to see you and everybody else soon.

"I have so much love to give, but no one to give it to."

William H. Macy - "Magnolia"

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Hey there Mak! Tell Sabine we said Howdy! We felt so privileged to have such special visitors. Ya'll were so cool! We have got to do that again. Sorry about the phone call as we were saying good bye. That three-way with the elder got very interesting. It was so cool! Anyway, we have been wanting to meet you guys for so long....Thanks for droppin' in. You're invited back next year to this locality to have a heapin' helpin' of our hospitality. Hillbilly, that is. Sorry that just popped into my head. We did find out one thing........Great conversation and a great golf game just can't happen at the same time.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sounds good. Count me in.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Makena1
    Makena1

Hi - Snoozy and Diggy. Yes, I used to post more on Tim's board. Still check in once in awhile - but mostly read and rarely post. Great to hear from you - Sabine and I enjoyed the support and warmth of many folks there - you, Tim, BB, MerryMary, Diane, Jan, Crawdad and others.

Mulan - we miss you too and look forward to getting together again soon. You folks have been through a lot lately!

Tim - had a great time hanging out with you, swapping JW stories, golfing etc. You are right - deep conversation and golf do not mix! Although, you did very well that day, smacked the ball a ton, I could not buy a swing! Hope we can get together again soon.

By the way, watch for my new book, "Golf - harmless hobby or dangerous cult?"

:)

Warm regards,
    Mak

Some men worship rank, some worship heroes, some worship power, some worship God, & over these ideals they dispute & cannot unite--but they all worship money.
    - Mark Twain

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((Makena and Sabine))))

I know I speak for Neil as well...but we had a wonderful evening! Thank you for taking the time to visit during business...I know y'all were tired from the day's events. PLEASE let us know should you come in this direction again. Hopefully by then I'll have a house and can actually have room to entertain!

Hope all is well! You just missed this cold weather. (It's 25 degrees today!)

Love,
    Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit