• peggaloon
  • cofty
    cofty

Try using Chrome or clicking the compatibliity button on IE9

• peggaloon
    peggaloon

thank you cofty!!!

ok so my original question was:

what have you found to be the best book in leading JW's out of the society and into the loving arms of Christ?

I've read a lot of them but there is just SO many out there. And many books are just doctrine vs doctrine.
    Is David Reed's "How to rescue a loved one from the watchtower" actually good?
    I really like Wilbur Lingle's book but it is outdated (I know his website is current though).

I'm going to buy a friend a book as he has a large extended family that are close JW's. My friend is a Christ loving man and finally realising he needs to reach his extended family.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Watership Down.

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

Buddhism for Dummies

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Drawing on the wisdom of 2,500 years of contemplative non-religious writing on all that it means to be human - from the origins of the universe to small matters of courtesy and kindness in everyday life - A. C. Grayling, Britain's most popular and widely read philosopher, has created a secular bible.

Designed to be read as narrative and also to be dipped into for inspiration, encouragement and consolation, The Good Book offers a thoughtful, non-religious alternative to the many people who do not follow one of the world's great religions. Instead, going back to traditions older than Christianity, and far richer and more various, including the non-theistic philosophical and literary schools of the great civilisations of both West and East, from the Greek philosophy of classical antiquity and its contemporaneous Confucian, Mencian and Mohist schools in China, down through classical Rome, the flourishing of Indian and Arab worlds, the European Renaissance and Enlightenment, the worldwide scientific discoveries of the 19th and 20th centuries to the present, Grayling collects, edits, rearranges and organises the collective secular wisdom of the world in one highly readable volume.

Contents:
    Genesis
    Proverbs
    Histories
    Songs
    Wisdom
    Acts
    The Lawgiver
    Lamentations
    Concord
    Consolations
    Sages