Old family friend won't go away

by logical1 2 Replies latest jw friends

• logical1
    logical1

My mom lives far away and still "holds vigilant" to her beliefs, but I hardly ever hear about her going to a meeting (always has an excuse).

Her friend that lives near my uncles house (I am often at my uncles house visiting him) is always coming by making small talk with them to leave magazines. It's kind of hilarious because not only I, but the entire house now hides in the back when she pulls in the driveway. I told my uncle that even though it's the "easier way" he shouldn't accept the magazines, since thats an open invitation for her to come back.

I like to compare her to the crackhead that visists my house every so often. He invites himself in, begs for beer and ciggs till someone finally gives him some, makes incoherent crackhead small talk with us (he thinks we are enjoying his engaging conversation and consider it a fair trade for the loss of our time and money) and leaves. Basically, by giving in to the begging crackhead (cuz it's easier) its the same thing as him just taking the magazine from her. I explained she has absolutely ZERO interest in their well being, which is obvious because she always morphs whatever stupid conversation shes having into a poorly transitioned watchtower introduction.

Next time she comes, if I'm there, I'm going to come to the door with the Wikipedia article on Russells tombstone up on my laptop and a hysterical smile on my face.

• Gayle
    Gayle

tell him to tell her he can get the mags for free 'online' now on jw.org and that will save her gas.

But welcome to this site. Were you ever baptized as a JW?

• logical1
    logical1

nope, i guess i could picket the KH all i wanted and walk in the next day and start studying again right? lol but once im baptised its an unforgivable sin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit