Feeling Emotional But In A Good Way. Another Sparlock thread :D

by Amelia Ashton 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Just fired up my comp and went to youtube and entered "Sparlock"

WOW!

He is everywhere. People have re-uploaded the originals, they have parodied it, got kids to comment on it and Woody from Toy Story has given his opinion on it too.

You guys are awesome!

PS. Before youtube would let me access my youtube account again I had to watch a copyright tutorial video and answer a bunch of questions to prove I understood what I had done was unacceptable.

I deliberately got the fair use policy question wrong because after this I personally disagree with it.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I love sparlock threads, I think it's causin' more of a stir than the generation change

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If the Watchtower think they can make Sparlock go away as easily as putting him in the bin they are sadly mistaken.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

If Watchtower would embrace Sparlock instead of throw him in the trash, he could prove useful in explaining their crazy new light, it would be easier to accept that it was magic ... ahhhh, overlapping generations, it's magic, now I get it, thanks Sparlock

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Now I get it...It was Sparlock who magically entered the word "overlapping" into Matthew 24:34.

Seems like they would want to keep this guy around.

• schnare
    schnare

What I don't understand is how they can ban something that isn't real. Magic does not exist at all. How can you hate something that isn't even something real?

• Heaven
    Heaven

So is the whole Sparlock thing in preparation for this fall's release of The Hobbit? Inquiring minds want to know. BTW, can't wait for The Hobbit!

Amelia, love your cup. Maninthemiddle's t-shirts are cool but I think they need some captioning.

The Woody response video had me in stitches. As I said on one of the other threads, I don't know one kid that would tell their mother that a toy is magical. Kids know toys are toys and not magic.

Of course, the Bible has a bunch of magic in it so it's interesting that the Watchtower has, in a backhanded way, slammed the Bible.

I am gettin' a kick outta this!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

PS. Before youtube would let me access my youtube account again I had to watch a copyright tutorial video and answer a bunch of questions to prove I understood what I had done was unacceptable.

Lol! You were in digital time out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit