a humble woman - fighting against religious contro

by singsongboi 1 Replies latest jw friends

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

at the launch of the sydney gay & lesbian mardi gras 2002, in the forecourt of the sydney opera house on feb 8, a keynote speaker was a str8 woman.

nan mcgrregor is an unlikely warrior - to me looked just like one of the faithful sisters that sat ignored in meeting after meeting. But in her heart there is a heroism that makes her special.

as one of the rainbow sash movement she wore a rainbow sash and asked to recieve holy communion in a catholic mass presided over by archbishop george pell.

she spoke of her heart searching before deciding to defy an elder of her church, and of how she felt kneeling for communion, as pell glowered threateningly at her.

Interesting!!! the feelings that so many that post here have about religious control seem to be reflected across a wide spectrum of religious experiences. what a long way from the jesus who said 'come to me all you who are toiling and laden down>' .... u know the rest!!!!

sad that jesus seems unable to control any who claim to be his followers!!!!

http://users.bigpond.net.au/gbaird-SONGRISE/rsm/ will give u an insight into the rainbow sash movement.

footnote!

tonite in the mardi gras parade, the end of the 3 week festival, i hear that some archbishops (of a different brand) are going to be featured

• cellomould
    cellomould

Maybe she wanted a sex change operation and was told not to, singsongboi???!

Lol lol lol @ your comments in the Nipples/bellybutton post!

cellomould

"In other words, your God is the warden of a prison where the only prisoner is your God." Jose Saramago, The Gospel According to Jesus Christ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit