SYTYCD Reality show - Moving Experience

by Momma-Tossed-Me 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

First off, I know these shows hype and exaggerate for the dramatic but this one truly hit home with me.

A young girl around 18 had this experience. She the day she turned 18 she came home to find all of her possessions packed in a nest pile in her room.

Her mother then told her she had to leave as she could not live there anymore. This very beautiful and talented dancer was being shunned by her family, put out onto the street.
    Luckily a family friend took her in. It appears that the girl is well behaved does her chores and is pretty much an average kid.

I know there are two sides to every story but this girl has to be focused on dancing to be as good as she is. She would have no time for anything else, like sex, drugs and rock-n-roll.

Something smells fishy here folks. Cult influence maybe.

Also as an aside she was asked about it on the show and she remarked that her family does support her dancing and has nothing to do with her.
    Niegel, commented that for a family to not want to be part of such a talented young dancer's life is beyond him. I too, can apreciate where he and this young girl are coming from.

MTM

• elderelite
    elderelite

Interesting catch... I have seen the show a few times , not very versed in the relm of dancing, but i appreciate the artistry. That back story does indeed have "cult" written all over it, whether our former cult or not hard to say. Will be interesting to see what comes out if she able to move on in the compition

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

I just re-read my initial post and the grammar is horrible. Sorry about that I wrote it in between homework assignments.
    MTM

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Sniff sniff

Yep I smell cult

Someone stepped in cult.

• dontplaceliterature

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit