Re:New DVD advance publicity

by CaptainSchmideo 5 Replies latest jw friends

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Do you all realize how much of a spoiler this is for the WTBS? The convention cycle hasn't even started it's third week, and this DVD is getting full viewing all over the internet! It's short enough and episodic enough to encapsulate on YouTube, and has enough visual appeal to be more eye catching than the normal video products of the Society. So, the Society's "big surprise" is going to be "no surprise" by mid June, and the internet savvy teens will be whispering "Sparlock" to each other at the conventions during the talk leading up to it's presentation.

I'll bet the Society NEVER release something like this again at a convention, but will wait until after the season is over (Sept 1st, usually). Huge stepping on their own Johnson on this one.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Man the Bat-Phone!!! The commissioner of the governing body needs the caped crusader to defeat this crime spree!

• DT
    DT

Have there been any copyright challenges for the videos on Youtube yet? I haven't heard of any. I wonder if they are reluctant to issue take down notices out of fear that it would backfire. I think they would also have to claim the rights to materials in order to issue a takedown notice. Since Sparlock is the name of a construction company and a Pokemon figure, they might realise that they could get into trouble if they start alaiming a copyright that they don't own. I'm not a lawyer. I'm just guessing.

• zeb
    zeb

yeah ok what it about?

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Yes they must summon Uberdub Man and the JC League to combat the forces of the ever so eeevil surprise spoiling Aposta-Guild.

• simon17
    simon17

The trouble is not the name so the construction company is not an issue. Uploading the entire content of a video that they produced, created and own could certainly be grounds for complaint though. It will come.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit