Has The Prophecy of The Faithful Slave Been Fulfilled?

by Este 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Este
    Este

48 “But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’ 49 and should start to beat his fellow slaves and should eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards, 50 the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know, 51 and will punish him with the greatest severity and will assign him his part with the hypocrites. There is where [his] weeping and the gnashing of [his] teeth will be.

Who is the master of the "Evil Slave"? Jesus Christ is not evil therefore it has to be satan. The faithful slave is mislead by satan which causes him to do things contrary to his person. Weeping and Gnashing of teeth with hypocrites......where might this be? Prison perhaps, or jail? What is the difference between prison and jail. According to those that have been in prison, jail is worse. More privileges are found in prison......hmmmm

The faithful slave, fulfilling prophecy

Estephan

• Este
  • Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Still have some JW indoctrination hanging on do we?

Parables are not necessarily prophecies. There is no indication that this particular one has any purpose other than to make a point.

• Este
  • snare&racket
    snare&racket

The whole chapter is parables of people working in a job, getting on with their lives. Some were ready for Jesus returning, others not. The faithful and discreet slave is the last parable, when his master returned he was being faithful by looking after the animals. I.e. even when Jesus had died and disappeared he carried on working for him until he showed up again... On the contrary, had he got lazy and not looked after the animals (kept his faith) he would be evil, unfaithful and a useless slave...

A. It's clearly a parable, the whole chapter is

B. Jesus is condoning slavery

C. No one in their right mind would read that verse and think it reffered to 8 men in a Brooklyn factory. That idea had to be I planted by the 8 men. Bear in mind they say they have no spirit directing them when they interpret the bible....(to cover their unspirited mistakes)... And you very soon slap yourself in the face.... They randomly chose a verse to give themselves authority.

D. That is all, go look at the chapter of Matt again. Read it four or five times if you don't get it at first, brainwashing is a bitch to wash out.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious
    Read it four or five times if you don't get it at first, brainwashing is a bitch to wash out.

I find reading a different translation helps. It's still tough though you're right. The talks and pubs have been using that book so much for so long, it can be difficult to read it objectively and contextually. Being able to read contextually has been my best tool for flushing out the brainwashing.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

It's a story, an illustration, also known as the parable of the unjust steward.

The message is not to break trust.

• stillin
    stillin

parable or prophesy, if you have been wolf-packed by your local elders and the Headquarters stands behind their decision, it appears to that person that Jesus' words have special relevance.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Cults can be very egotistical. They don't distiguish between history, poetry, stories and parables in the Bible. To a cult it is all one big prophecy being fulfilled in them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit