How I was not convicted for killing a California Condor once...How could this story be funny with an awful subject like that??

by oompa 6 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

Once I had been arrested for shooting the condor, the animal rights/environmental activists went justifiably nuts and were picketing the trial like crazy. But when my turn came to testify I told the Judge that I was guilty but very very sorry...and that I hoped they would understand and be lenient. I explained how I was camping and hunting in the wilderness and fell and broke my leg and was stranded for days...once i ran out of food i became very weak and scared but fell asleep...when i woke i saw a large bird on a rock ledge right above me and quickly raised my gun and shot the bird for food...i did not even know it was Califonia Condor at the time...but i ate the large bird for three days until I was found and rescued.

I was found guilty but the judge sentenced me for just my time served and said that when it comes down to man or an animal...he had to side with the need for a man to survive first and foremost. Outside the reporters and activists were all upset and it was getting ugly...but one reporter came up to me and said..."congratulations...but i just have to know...what the the Condor taste like?"

So I told him it was kind of cross between a Bald Eagle and a Spotted Owl.

oompa

• poppers
    poppers

LOL! Good one .

• irondork
    irondork

Oy vey, Maria!

• James Brown
    James Brown

You got me on that one.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

LOL!

• Night Owl
    Night Owl

Not funny................especially the owl part.

Night Owl

• oompa
    oompa

sorry night owl....NOT!...and i hope you are joking too...because that is what it is...a joke...humor...and i have always been a semi serious birder with books and binoculars and all.....oomps....

so glad these responses confirm others have a great sense of humor too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit