I am constantly shunned.

by Valentines 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Valentines
    Valentines

The funny thing is, the witnesses don't even realize they are doing it. Since I've stopped going to meetings I've grown a beard and dropped over 80 pounds, I don't look a thing like I used to. Whenever I see a witness, I'm basically the one to decide whether or not a conversation is going to happen. Although, the times I have started conversations tended to be awkward because the witnesses didn't realize who they were talking to until I told them. I enjoy having the oppurtunity to hide in plain sight!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

That's funny. I guess it's sort of the same for me. With my beard and long hair, a lot of people don't recognize me.

• TOTH
    TOTH

In Plain Sight! I love that term. I also grew out my beard and lost some weight, but everyone still knows me...LOL Most of them avoid me at the store or out in public. But I am 6'2" tall and about 300 lbs now so maybe they think I joined another cult, like the Hells Angels...LOL

• finally awake
    finally awake

I've lost about 90 pounds too, but I still lool like myself. My beard hasn't grown in any thicker than it used to be

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit