I just love this.....

by Slidin Fast 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Canon Dr Paul Shackerley made a series of unholy comments in which he joked about drinking, mocked religious events and grumbled about having to give sermons.

In one, he commented: ‘I think I will put my feet up. I’ve done f*** all today other than jazz lesson and visit a friend. I hear the fizz of tonic in my gin beckoning.’

He also joined a Facebook group called ‘I want to get back with my ex...!...LOL jk...I’d rather s*** in my hands and clap!’

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/home/900135-unholy-post-lands-sin-is-fun-vicar-in-hot-water#ixzz1vt5JXY1M This is the standard we operate here in the UK. That last one has to go in my must remember bag for colourful expresions.

• Rob Crompton
    Rob Crompton

He sounds quite a decent guy really - can't have that sort of thing, though.

Reminds me of a friend who was similarly colourful in his language. Shortly after taking up a new post as vicar in a different parish, he had preached a sermon in which he uttered the word "blimey." On the Monday morning he had a call from a member of his congregation protesting about the use of such dreadful language. My friend apologised and said he would promise to avoid that sort of thing in future. But then he added, "I was trying not to say fuck." The line went silent.

• cedars
    cedars

If giving sermons for a living is such a drag, why does he do it?

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit