"You will live where you are told to live!"

by irondork 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• irondork
    irondork

One of our most dogmatic, authoritarian elders at the congregation I used to attend made this comment.

The WTS has beat the drum of absolute authority so long and hard that the idea of free will, or even the notion of a God who might take in to consideration the wants, likes, and desires of His own people has been strangled out of the JW psychology.

In one of his talks, Brother That's Final informed the congregation that it is pointless for us to engage in speculation about how our lives will be in the new system. "Jehovah will decide what our lives will be like. There is no sense in fantasizing about where you want to live... on the beach, near the Alps,... you will live where you are told to live doing the assignment Jehovah gives you." This, of course, was greeted by nods of submission by all in attendance.

I always pictured myself living at the base of a nice mountain range, rasing crops and maybe a few animals, perfecting carpentry and hardscaping. That actually appeals to me. But, Brother That's Final corrected my rebellious, independent thinking real quick.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

So many tempting, colourful pictures on the front of WTs...

And now its "Live where you are TOLD?".......why am I not surprised.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

It will always be the opposite of what one dreams it to be like

• finally awake
    finally awake

sounds a lot like what i was told when i accepted my current job. i have to get permission to move outside the county i currently live in. don't think i want to spend eternity subject to that sort of control.

• wasblind
    wasblind

When out in field service,

drivin' through the well to do sections, one sister

said in the new system she could live in any of those homes she choose

another said, she was gonna travel and enjoy the sights of

a perfect world

I guess he squashed a lot of field service dreams

It's gonna be the same shit, in the new system

forced labor

I wonder what they will talk about now out in field service,

the price of gas ????

• cheerios
    cheerios

sounds like brother that's final went beyond the scriptures and ran ahead of jah's chariot .. tsk tsk

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

"Over my dead body!"

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Amazing how that "Bro" has the right to speak for Jehovah, where in the Bible did he get his ideas from ? nowhere, he has created for himself a god in his own image, who will provide the kind of Concentration Camp "Paradise" that Bro Thats Final would like to be Commandant of.

When I was still in an Elder and I were talking about our congreagation's very own "Bro That's Final"'s view of the New System and I actually said "If it is like he sees it, I don't want to be in it " ! I guess I was really on my way out even then.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

i would love to see someone stand up in the KH and challenge these pricks

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

A response along the lines of "F@#k You!" comes to mind.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit