Need some info about Theocratic Warfare Strategy.

by Morbidzbaby 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Does anyone have articles or links to any PDFs about the subject?

• blondie
  • InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Here are a few things to look into. The idea shows up in Insight On The Scriptures vol. 2 pp. 244-245 under "LIE." I won't type the whole entry, but it starts off by saying the following:

LIE. The opposite of truth. Lying generally involves saying something false to a person who is entitled to know the truth and doing so with the intent to deceive or to injure him or another person.

The article "Use Theocratic War Strategy" appears in w57 5/1 pp. 285-286 of which I have a photocopy that I need to scan, but further on page 288 that issue has the following paragraph:

How are the sheeplike publishers of God’s kingdom truth to accomplish their God-assigned work in the midst of wolves? How can they carry on their good work surrounded by such ravenous persons and survive? Jesus told them how, saying: “Look! I am sending you forth as sheep amidst wolves; therefore prove yourselves cautious as serpents and yet innocent as doves.” (Matt. 10:16) Jehovah’s witnesses follow the counsel of their Leader, Christ Jesus, and if any on whom they call show the wolflike disposition they will use due caution. With warlike strategy they will avoid giving such persons the opportunity to interfere with their lawful work, and leave them to their own misconceptions. They will go to those who welcome the truth. During May the offer will be two Bible study aid books and two booklets on a contribution of $1. Those who had a share in this grand work in April will want to continue in May also.

Another article to look up is:

Watchtower February 1, 1956, pages 76-90.

In the Watchtower May 15, 1960 pp 294-295, it gets a brief mention in the following excerpt:

. . . the talk "Cautious As Serpents Among Wolves," which showed that the Scriptures justify the "war strategy" of hiding true facts from the enemy.

A more modern example is in the recent book-study "Come Be My Follower," on p. 119 in which it says the following:

Jesus' illustrations, then, revealed truth to those whose hearts hungered for it; at the same time his illustrations concealed truth from those with proud hearts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit