untitled

by Las Malvinas son Argentinas 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

So in speaking to a non-JW relative the other day, I find that my mother has been quite active on the gossip circuit. My relative knew certain details about me that only my mother and a couple others knew. Of the three, my mother is by far the most inclined to speak maliciously about it. Putting it more succinctly, she has a big mouth. She has never taken my side and always assumed the worst about me. When she found out that I went to a ska concert when I was 15, she threatened to have me tested for marijuana and report the results to the elders. So now there are ugly rumours circulating about me in family (and I would suppose JW) circles. All but one have some element of truth to them, but they are exaggerated and made to look like I have done these things knowingly and purposely to bring shame on ‘Jehovah’s name’.

I think I am done with her for the rest of the year. I refuse to deal with having such a close family connection speaking vicious things about me behind my back and telling everyone I am a horrible person. She wrote me an email 5 days ago and I still haven’t responded. Now that I know something else, I’m thinking up something proper to say to her. I was going to go to the Hall this Sunday, but I don’t even want to look at her. I’m in the process of getting a new mobile phone, and I think I will change my number, giving it out to people whom I want to keep in contact with.

As I look down from the 7 th floor here, I see normal people walking, conversing, and living life on the busy street. Most of my family won’t speak to me, I live in an unfamiliar district, and the car that I once had is at my brother’s home over 100 kilometres away. I really need to get out of the city this weekend. I think I’ll take the ferry somewhere and find lodging for a couple days. It’s time to just get some people out of my mind.

Emilie

• Diest
    Diest

Its terrible to betrayed by those that you love. Sounds like you should speed up your move and get out of there if you can.

• sd-7
    sd-7

One of the worst things about the organization is putting up with the gossip. I hated it, and it seemed like no matter what their position was, nearly everyone was doing it.

This is kind of the price you'll be paying if you stay on the inside. A lot of stress over nothing, really. You do need to get away and get your mind off of all that. The rumor mills turn quite strongly about the freshly DF'd ones.

Once you get to know the outside world more, you'll see how very tiny the JW worldview is and how irrelevant their gossip is. It's like high school--once you're out, none of that stuff matters anymore. It's just when you're still inside that the pressure seems very intense.

You don't need any unnecessary stress in your life. This is going to be an emotionally abusive environment for you. I hope you'll try to block it out as much as possible and do things that will bring you joy.

Thanks for sharing.

--sd-7

• wasblind
    wasblind

And just think about it, this is the family you were willing to live a lie for.

Even subject your child to. I'm not trying to judge you. just trying to get

you to think about it

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

It it were only my mother, I would probably turn my back and keep walking. But it's difficult to give up on your entire family like that. My favourite brother has a non-JW wife, and his children that aren't too involved at the Hall. I am particularly close to them. My, do they throw some great parties! They don't judge me or anything, but my mother does still have some influence over people. I feel that I just want her out of my life, and not throw everyone else away with her. But it might not be possible. I don't know. I suppose I'll see what everyone is made of in the months to come.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I have a brother, the life of the party we used to call him

but he does drugs. becuase of my love for him, I tried talkin'

to him. but he chooses the drugs, along wit bad association

As a mother, I could not risk my brothers unhealthy behavior

or friends around my daughter

Sometimes we are forced to make decisions, and it's better

to make that decision wit your head, not your heart

Share this

Google+
Pinterest