Suzanne Somers fight with Breast Cancer ...

by Snoozy 8 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I saw her on TV last week and she is amazing..she is 65 and looks pretty good!

Quote:

"They took fat from my stomach—boo-hoo, okay you can have it," she added. "In a centrifuge at supersonic speed they [then] whipped out my stem cells, separated them, cleaned them…took the strong ones put them in a small amount of that fat they took from me, and with lack of a better term, with a turkey baster took that concoction injected into this breast and poof, you can see it."

According to Somers, the results were spectacular.

"They made it the size of the other one, it has feeling, it's soft, there are no scars," she said, drawing looks of amazement from Anderson and his audience. "I think it's the most incredible exciting thing to happen in breast cancer in a long time." (end of quote)

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/news/suzanne_somers_talks_experimental/317054#ixzz1vNlxtHa7

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    I saw her on TV last week and she is amazing..she is 65 and looks pretty good!

She is taking telomerase inducers.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I always liked her. I hope she does well.

I think that logic would dictate that she should be more worried about sound health pracitices than cosmetics.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    I think that logic would dictate that she should be more worried about sound health pracitices than cosmetics.

It sounds like what they did was strip out the stromal vascular fraction of her belly's adipose tissue. It contains adult stem cells, and a lot of other cell types.

I've scanned some of the topics of her latest book. Some of the stuff seems well grounded--at least at first blush, while other stuff is pseudoscientific at best (antineoplastons, anyone?). I hope the good stuff doesn't get guilted by association with the bad. At least she is raising visibility.

• james_woods
    james_woods

This is the risk of letting "celebrities" give us advice on science and politics.

As I said - I hope things work out for her.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Well she had the cancer 10 years ago but she just had the breast thing done a while back..she didn't want to have implants so she did this..
    Quote:

"At the time when they took my breasts I didn't want implants...there's no feeling," she told the talk show host.

So the 65-year-old actress, bestselling author, and pitchwoman revealed that she sought out a doctor at the University of Tokyo in Japan renowned for using stem cells to successfully grow the muscle tissue back.

Somers told Cooper she brought good doc over to the States, "hooked him up with an American surgeon," and after some bureaucratic wrangling, got approval for a clinical trial with her as the subject.

"It took me three years of trial and error…[but] in August it came through, I was able to have the surgery," the former pinup said.

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/news/suzanne_somers_talks_experimental/317054#ixzz1vOXKbmUq

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

She had Breast cancer but she was also misdiagnosed with full body cancer lately..

Quote:
    Last November, Suzanne Somers faced an emotional roller coaster when six different doctors confirmed she had "full-body cancer." Somers was filled with fear thinking she only had days to live. "For six days, six doctors confirmed I had inoperable cancer. I went into that valley of fear. I saw my death, it was horrible," Somers said. Somers later learned she had been misdiagnosed.

During the time Somers thought she had cancer, she spoke with several doctors and patients about their various treatments and decided to write her latest book, 'Knockout: Interviews with Doctors Who are Curing Cancer and How to Prevent Getting It.' She shares what she describes as "groundbreaking and successful cancer prevention and care protocols incorporating chemo-free options that are available now."

The book has been highly controversial, and Somers said she's been attacked by doctors for promoting treatments that avoid chemotherapy. Somers argues that alternative methods are just another solution for patients who don't respond well to chemotherapy. " End of Quote..

Apparently when she had breast cancer she had her breast removed and refused chemo but did have radiation..

She's apparently into alternative treatments for cancer but I can't see where she actually did it herself..She talks more about it in her book..

Snoozy

• botchtowersociety
  • james_woods
    james_woods
    I don't want to come across like a jerk on this, but she seems to be a purveyor of woo.

That is really a shame. Again, the tragedy is that because she is a celebrity, it is likely that a number of people who really need legitimate treatment may be influenced into this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit