Pretty sneaky if you ask me

by Jourles 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Jourles
    Jourles

If you go to http://www.watchtower.org/statistics/worldwide_report.htm you will find the latest stats from the January Watchtower for the "Worldwide Work." I find it quite amusing that they intentionally left out the rate of increase/DECREASE stats over the year 2000. I guess it looks a hell of a lot better leaving that negative info off the page.

As always, if you have an ip address that can be tracked to your identity and you want to remain anonymous to the borg, do not click directly on the link above as the Watchtower will "see" a log entry with a referal from this site. Copy and paste it to a new browser window. Just thought I would throw that reminder in for the uninformed.

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

I went to that page and looked up the U.S. I found myself, at first, in the old "Witless" mode. I was, for a moment, impressed with the "Total Hours Preaching". Big number: 178,831,678. That's almost 2 million. Then I looked at the "2001 Peak Witnesses". I guess I thought there were more than 979,637, but still a pretty big number. Now, without breaking that down farther and being momentarily impressed, that is enough to satisfy the members. I remember looking forward to these numbers every year. What a dope I was!

I thought that I would break it down. I took the "Total Hours" (178,831,678) and divided it by the "Peak Witnesses" (979,637) to see what they are averaging per year/month. Here is what I came up with:

Yearly average: 18.254891
    Monthly average: 1.5212409

HOW CAN THAT BE???!!!

It would be interesting to know for a certainty who is counted in the total number of witnesses. Is it just the baptised ones? If so, then it would mean that the number of hours would have to go down from there considering that unbaptised publishers hours would be counted in the total hours. Does anyone know who is included in this number? Also, IF it does include all how can they say they have national averages that are much higher than that? Or don't they push that anymore

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Confused,

you were close. You're only off by one decimal point.

TimB

• RationalWitness
    RationalWitness

Dazed,

Your calculation is off one decimal point. 178,831,678 divided by 979,637 yields 182.55 hours per publisher per year, or 15.22 hours per publisher per month. This, of course, combines pioneer hours with publisher hours, and hence gives a figure much higher than the actual publisher monthly average (whatever it is).

Rational

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

You are right! I was using a small calculator and I noticed when I went to redo it....it dropped the 8 in the total number of hours. I used the computer calculator. But still, that is not as good as it should be considering that there are all sorts of pioneers. By all sorts I mean "Temporary" and "Regular".

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

Rational, I guess we are on the same page as far as adding Pioneer hours.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit