JW's Stand Firm - question

by Haelcer 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Haelcer
    Haelcer

In Yearbook - 1998 we can read:

*** yb98 p. 46 ***
    A study guide and a 28-minute classroom version of the video Jehovah’s Witnesses Stand Firm Against Nazi Assault have been produced to assist educators in teaching about the events surrounding the Holocaust.

Anyone knows what is this?

• okage
    okage

Other than a 28 minute lie, I'm not too sure.

• daveysmithy30
    daveysmithy30

Here is the link for the study guide in question:

http://www.chgs.umn.edu/museum/responses/steyer/penhomes.pdf

56 pages in total.

Davey

• Weana
    Weana

The classroom-version video is a well-balanced short version of the regular Stand-firm-video.

As far as I can see, the video does not contain any lie. In some European countries there are a lot of prejudices against religious minorities. Removing anything that could be called religious propaganda and abstaining from denunciation of churches in that short version made it possible that even in some of those countries that video can officially be used in history lesson at public schools.

Script in German language can be read here:

http://www.jwhistory.net/archiv/wrobel/standhaftscript-28MIN.htm

• Haelcer
    Haelcer

Thank you very much :)

• Nambo
    Nambo

I did read an account somewhere that quoted all the Watchtower and yearbook quotes through the years on the number of Witnesses that where incarserated and murdered by the Nazis, unless the account was an outright lie, is seems the number of Witnesses involved changed so much over the years to bring the whole affair into some form of doubt as to what really occurred.

• okage
    okage

That's what I thought. It's crazy, cuz the same "reliable" historian who Blue Pill Witnesses use to "disprove" the anti-semitism of Judge Rutherford recorded that only 900 or so Witnesses died. Which is a far cry from and of the four to five digit numbers the Society claims.

I guess reliable only counts when you need the picture to fit.

The Society over-dramatizes everything and mocks up their own numbers and stats for the Holocaust, so myself and many others stand firm knowing that nothing the Society produces for the tribulations of the Jehovah's Witnesses during World War II could ever be accurately referred to as "balanced."

Balanced is a propagandist's term (WTS, Fox News) to make the followers who are loyal believe the point is accurate and reflects an agreement by both sides of whatever situation. I think the term used to describe this is called "thought stopping."

When the JW sees a WT publication and the GB refers to it as "balanced," the typical JW thinks "well if the secular world has no argument, it must represent the truth." Or to any wording of that nature.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit