Witness Lurkers- A Simple Question

by mrquik 7 Replies latest jw friends

• mrquik
    mrquik

As you are willing to sacrifice not only your life but the lives of your loved ones, what concrete proof do you have that you are the one true religion, led by Jesus Christ & guided by Jehovah's holy spirit?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Easy, .... "who else is doing the Preaching Work(tm)?"

I'd buy that for a Dollar!

• Fernando
  • alanv
    alanv

Over half the world have not even heard the JW message.

• sir82
    sir82

In addition to "Who else is preaching", typical JW responses would be:

-- Who else is using the name "Jehovah"?

-- Who else teaches that there is no hellfire, immortal soul, or trinity?

-- Who else follows the "biblical command" to disfellowship wrongdoers?

Of course there are numerous other groups that could be pointed to for any of those items. But a JW would say "what other group does all of them?"

They have been taught by the WTS how to identify the "true religion". And, by a remarkable coincidence, what they have been taught just happens to match up with what JWs teach. Go figure!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

People in general are actually quite stupid, ...history is riddled with large groups of people buying into untested unproven (and usually unprovable) belief systems. The JWs are not unique in this regard.

Seemingly important events occuring "invisibly" should ALWAYS flag up the obvious question: Am I being duped here?

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Some people like not knowing, or having evidence of, the truth.

For them life is much easier to let someone else take the wheel and drive.

• Nambo
    Nambo

"You will know my people by the love they have amongst themselves", (or somesuch), guess that rules out the Witnesses then, even when they have said Love, they arnt allowed to actually demonstrate it in case they all have sex with each other or some such nonsense.

"My people will know my name", is an identifying scripture, well the JWs admit Gods name is more likely to be Yahwey so why are they then using the name Jehovah?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit