Reading some business styles and types in a book and lo and behold if the JW's are not the

by sinis 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sinis
    sinis

poster child for Network Marketing type businesses!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy shit, these people had this going for over 100 years. Why no one can see this is beyond me. Instead of your "sales reps" making a commission or money, they are promised everlasting life, if they just work HARDER... same premise as network marketing... amazing...

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Yep. Recruit a few into your downline and everyone looks at you like a "Diamond Director" or whatever the shit is when you do well in Amway.

Hell of a scheme though for the boys in Brooklyn

• ziddina
    ziddina

Yeah, when I got out and began reading various books on the advertising industry, there were some striking similarities in the way the Watchtower Corporation markets its "products", too...

But - do you feel like posting a few quotes? Maybe the titles of the books you're reading??? Please and thank you!

• sinis
    sinis

The book is by Robert Kiyosaki (found it used at a book store) titled: The Business of the 21st Century

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

YES, my experience with Rexall and Pre Paid Legal was EXACTLY like my experience with the Watchtower. The business is selling the business. That is what ALL Multi Level Marketing businesses do. They don't sell a product, they sell the act of selling the product.

Being involved in Pre paid Legal over the last two or three years, it went like this:

A very friendly lady, who I met in a college class many years ago, ran into me with a big smile on her face. I said, "Why are you so happy?" She said, "Well, I'm doing this business right now that is just SO positive that I can't wait to share it with you. Can we sit down sometime and talk about it?"

I said, "Sure." She was pretty and nice and wanted to spend time with me. Why not?

We met up in a day or so. We hung out at a coffee shop and she gave me her schpiel. 1. pre paid legal services, man do you need it! 2. Yeah man our product is so good you won't believe it.

Yeah but I don't have money for that kind of thing.

No problem, you can do it as a business and it will pay for itself. Just buy a bunch of pamphlets, business cards, CDs etc and go around and hand them out to other people. It sells itself. You don't have to be a good salesman.

Cool. So I just give you some money, and I'll make up for all the money I'm spending by selling it to other people. Cool.

Later on.......

Hey Zen how's it going? Have you made any sales?

No.

Allright, well I'm going to train you. We just need to attend two meetings a week and do a Super Saturday every month. Then you need to give me all your contacts and I will call all your friends for you. Then we have to have a personal business meeting reception at your house where all your friends will come. and you need to do this oncve a month.

OK so, two meetings a week, One super Saturday (all these things cost money by the way. 10 dolaars a night for the meetings during the week, and like 50 dollars plus travel and expenses for the Super Saturday. And then supplies and materials for personal business reception at your house.

At the meetings, you see everyone dressed like they are at a meeting. everyone with short hair. Everyone just aglow with the spirit. glassed over eyes. TEARS. TEARS!!!! People telling their experiences and how Pre Paid Legal saved their lives. How rich they all are. How easy it all was. How little time they spend doing it. IT IS A RELIGIOUS MEETING, like the parody in Requiem for a Dream. "Juice for you! Juice for you!" Are you excited??? Yeah I'm excited!!! WOOOO HOOOO. And be here a year from now! Attend all the meetings! Go out in service distributing pamphlets, Prepare for the meetings, invite a friend. do you feel good?? I feel good. Yeah! rock and roll!!! Wooo hooo!

So of course I hated every moment. I loked at those people like they were cult members and they ARE! Pre Paid Legal is a cult. It is not just a business, it involves religious meetings that are so emotional that it can opnly be seen as a religious experience.

When people leave prep paid legal, the ones that stay with it shun you. That is what my friend did once I told her I didn't want to do it anymore. I never saw her again. She cut me off.

Actually I did run into her later, and guess what? SHE ISN"T DOING IT ANYMORE EITHER!!!! But wait! She called me and wanted to down with me and show me SKIN PRODUCTS that I, as a man , just HAD to have. Oh man, since I've been using these skin products, she says, my health has been better than ever. I feel energetic and alive. i still use pre paid legal services but man this skin cream is where I am headed now.

I just dropped the phone....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit