1975 failed prediction?

by Garrett 84 Replies latest jw friends

• SimonSays
    SimonSays

Correction: pales in comparison to the trials man passed through before that.

It should read, pales in comparison to the trials man has passed through after 1914 on

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

So study in Dispensationalism, Eschatology, Hermeneutics, brimstone fire, and hellfire so forth and so on to understand the IBSA and just maybe you’ll understand the concept of the 70 jubilee cycle, and then work your way to 1975

What's the point? Whichever means they used to arrive at the date 1975, they were wrong! Start and finish of the matter.

In case you haven't noticed, 1975 was 40 years ago, and "The End" still hasn't arrived (not that I can see anyway!)

Bill.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

As I continually state: research for yourselves verses accepting what is written in joke facts.

SimonSays I'm not sure I understand what you mean here by' joke facts' could you give me an example?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

SimonSays in the 1984 Watchtower October 1st page 24

*Regarding his misguided statements as to what we could expect in 1925, he once confessed to us at Bethel, "I made an ass of myself"

Evidently this was from Rutherford.

I can't see any benefit in taking the time reading how he managed to do this.

• SimonSays
    SimonSays

The Story as told by T. E. Klein. Caption: Pursuing My Purpose in Life, Watchtower of June 1, 1957

The story as told by Carey W. Barber. Caption: Endurance by Faith in Jehovah Watchtower August 15, 1982

The Story as told by Karl F. Klein, Caption: Jehovah Has Dealt Rewardingly with Me Watchtower October 1, 1984

[Footnotes]

Carey Barber was playing second violin in that orchestra. Little did either of us think that 58 years later we would still be in the same “orchestra” but making a different kind of music!

Regarding his misguided statements as to what we could expect in 1925, he once confessed to us at Bethel, “I made an ass of myself.”

1974 Yearbook of Jehovah’s Witnesses, pages 130-1.

Caption: Organized preaching work

The assumption is overreaching since it could have meant them other bible students, or Rutherford but for a different reason in1925 or even Russell. It’s a shame that Mrs. Klein is not around to ask what she meant by that statement since Witnesses were going through may harsh trials around that time, many perpetrated by the Catholic Church. Whoever “Could Expect” is far from “Will expect” Since its all word play in this forum.

The same assumption or speculation misinterpreted in 1975.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit