I wish that Christians give their opinion

by wolfman85 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

I wish that Christians give their opinion

Under the old covenant to the nation of Israel was offered the Promised Land. The references in the OT to a life on Earth are based on the old covenant, but clearly in Exodus Jehovah said: "And now if YOU will strictly obey my voice and will indeed keep my covenant" ... and we all know that the nation of Israel did not obey.

The new covenant under Christ brought hope and better conditions for mankind who accepted Christ as their Savior. Paul spoke clearly of their hope in Heaven, Phil 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
    Philippians 1:22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labor: yet what I shall choose I wot not .
    Philippians 1:23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, Having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ, Which is far better:
    Philippians 1:24 Nevertheless to Abide in the flesh is more Needful for you.
    Philippians 1:25 and Having this confidence, I know That I Shall Abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith;
    Phil 1:26 That your rejoicing may be more Abundant in Jesus Christ for me by my coming to you again.

After being JW, where do you think is the real hope for Christians, Heaven or Earth?

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

I know that my English sucks, but is there somebody that could say somethig about this thread? I really like to know. So that's why this BUMP.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit