Can anyone tell me what the cover article was of the August 1, 1991 Watchtower?

by donuthole 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• donuthole
    donuthole

Can anyone tell me what the cover article was of the August 1, 1991 Watchtower? I don't have the CD-ROM.

• therevealer
    therevealer

*** w91 8/1 p. 3 The Last Judgment ***
    The Last Judgment
    "WHEN thou diest thy soul will be tormented alone; that will be a hell for it: but at the day of judgment thy body will join thy soul, and then thou wilt have twin-hells, thy soul sweating drops of blood, and thy body suffused with agony."
    THIS is how the 19th-century preacher C. H. Spurgeon described the clergy view of judgment day and the sufferings of the damned. The Italian artist Michelangelo had a similarly terrifying belief, as is seen in his painting "The Last Judgment" (a section of which is reproduced above), on the wall of the Sistine chapel in Rome. The New Encyclopædia Britannica says of this painting: "The Christ in Judgment is a thundering god rather than a Christian saviour, more concerned with damning the human race than in welcoming the blessed into heaven."

Not sure if this is what you want.

• donuthole
    donuthole

Thank you!

• Hillary
    Hillary

August 1991. That is the month and year that I moved out of my parents' house and escaped the cult. I was only 19.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

And I was becoming a non baptized publisher and giving my first speech in the MS. I was 9 years old.

• Hillary
    Hillary

John, glad u made it to age 30 and glad I made it to age 40. We weren't supposed to finish school. LOL

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Sure! All the adult people in the KH always said I won't even start the fifth grade! So there we are!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit