Why did God permit Scriptures to be corrupted?

by economy 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• economy
    economy

If someone informs you that your shop caught fire, and firefighters are on the job, you will run to the spot. However, if you had already sold that property on the previous day (which this messenger is ignorant of), you are likely to respond, saying: “Shop is not mine.”

Situation is same with God. He would not have permitted anyone to interpolate Scriptures with contradicting concepts, if they did belong to Him. On the contrary, if scriptures originated with humans, it is possible to be tampered with.

1) What type of food may be eaten by human beings—vegetarian or non-vegetarian?
    Vegetarian (Genesis 1:29; Isaiah 66:3)
    Non-vegetarian (Luke 15:23; 24: 42, 43)

2) Was John the Baptist Elijah who was to come?
    Yes (Matthew 11:14, 17:10-13).
    No (John 1:19-21)

Those who take liberty to do whatever they like with the Scriptures do not realize that they are not only neutralizing the effect of the scripture, but also paving the way for people to take from scriptures what they find convenient to them. For example:

Mahatma Gandhi made a national movement of “non-violence” quoting from his Scripture Bhagavat Gita (16:2) and got independence to his country from the enslavement by Britain.

His assassin too quoted the same Scripture during his trial as his basis for assassinating the person who became the very symbol of non-violence. Because Gandhi’s assassin did not know that the little portion that is now called Bhagavat Gita has been interpolated into Mahabharat Epic in a WRONG context where God is shown as urging the hero to take up arms, without any hesitation, against family members, relatives, and teachers if they are on the side of unrighteousness. Yet the essence of Bhagavat Gita is non-violence, non-attachment and renunciation of everything what is mundane (18:66)—subjects that are unlikely to be discussed just before a great war!

‘All scripture is inspired of man and non-beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in unrighteousness.’

No wonder we have a God in the Bible who asks us to ‘greet everyone’ (Mathew 5:44-48) and also asks us ‘not to greet those believing differently.’ (2 John 10)

• cofty
  • economy
    economy
    cofty
    What question is this? I am hearing of this group for first time.
  • cofty
    cofty
    I am hearing of this group for first time.

I don't believe you.

• economy
    economy
    cofty

I mentioned about Gita to show the back-firing effect of interpolation, and also to highlight that no scripture is immune to tampering, no matter what religion it belongs to.

• cofty
    cofty

I have just read your posting history.

I have not the slightest doubt it is the work of a Brahma Kumaris disciple.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I too have had those feelings about this poster cofty, but didnt say anything as we'd just had the other BK cult recruiter kicked off.

The timing of economys joining didnt go unnoticed though.

• cofty
    cofty

There has been a long history of the same group of posters getting banned and returning.

Watch out for posts that include bizarre illustrations, criticisms of human progress and predictions of doom.

Others will join the forum to praise posts by the main account.

Posts on the main account will vary in style because it isn't an individual, it is a group of cult recruiters.

• fukitol
    fukitol

Is there some ban on Banarama Kumaris on this forum?

God didn't permit squat. The Bible is a frikken BOOK written by ancient, ignorant, Jewish priests and scribes who made up scary stories of a vengeful, angry deity called YHWH to keep the people in FEAR and OBEDIENCE.

Now get a life and move on.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

They cant help themselves, they are in a cult and think they are doing good work trying to recruit others to join their sad little cult. Sound familiar? Yep, we used to have a similar idea when we were in our cult too.

This forum is aimed squarely at people who have a connection with JWdom. Other cults coming on here to try and recuit to their brand of crazy just doesnt sit well especially for the many on here who have or are exiting the JW cult. It smacks of deliberate targeting of vulnerable people and that just pisses me right off.

However much the BK team tippy toe around around being too overt, they eventually crack and the posts get far more aggressive and culty. The only reason they are here is to preach and recruit, they have nothing to offer here at all in the way of support or shared experience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit