That French Tax Thing

by BroMac 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BroMac
    BroMac

Some time ago the WTS got stung for a hefty tax bill in France. they dragged it out for years in the courts, and finally last summer it was announced at the DC that the European Courts found in their favour. Of course it was all down to persecution
    I remember friends at Bethel in London telling me how busy they were because the French branch had closed down and all printing was being moved to London.
    based on these scriptures I have never understood why they didn't just pay it?

Romans 13 New International Version (NIV) Submission to Governing Authorities

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

Luke 20:20-26 New International Version (NIV) Paying Taxes to Caesar

21 So the spies questioned him: “Teacher, we know that you speak and teach what is right, and that you do not show partiality but teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. 22 Is it right for us to pay taxes to Caesar or not?” 23 He saw through their duplicity and said to them, 24 “Show me a denarius. Whose image and inscription are on it?” “Caesar’s,” they replied. 25 He said to them, “Then give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.” 26 They were unable to trap him in what he had said there in public. And astonished by his answer, they became silent.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Because it's a corporation. And it's sole purpose is to exist. Paying bills does not help it's existance

• sir82
    sir82

It's all well and good to tell the peonssuckers sheep that THEY should pay THEIR taxes.

But THEM? The mouthpiece of GOD?

THEY don't pay taxes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit