LOVE THOSE STATISTICS!

by clarity 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• clarity
    clarity

Love these stats from jwfacts /jehovah's witnesess.

>

"This is one of the most telling graphs, showing that the number of people leaving has tripled from the rate in the early 1990's.

For the 10 years from 1986 to 1995 the rate was an average of 12%; for the 10 years from 1996 to 2005 it had risen to 41%."

Just saying

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That's one hockey stick I hope to see more of. As we get into the Age of Aquarius, I am expecting to see even more people questioning the religion. That is what Aquarius is about--asking questions. Religious scams, from the grandest of them (the whole right-hand path) down to tiny cults, are going to be harder to start and keep alive. And, hopefully it means more people are going to walk right out of them and not look back.

They better stock up big on S-77 forms. They are going to need them.

• theBGB
    theBGB

That makes me feel good....like the end is comming or something. Oh hey...I finally get it.

• biometrics
  • TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

One mistake in the original article: "Subtracting the increase in average publishers from the number baptised each year can be used to determine the number of Jehovah's Witnesses that leave each year. "

And that is a crucial mistake, for the simple reason that one does not have to be baptised to be included as a publisher. Because of this, it is impossible to produce statistics like the ones shown. There is no way knowing whether an unbaptised person starts publishing, stops, starts again etc. If you had to be baptised, it would be easy, but now it is close to impossible. You would have to know the exact number of the publishers that are baptised in order to do the math.

• BroMac
    BroMac

I think if JWFacts uses the Average publishers - which he has done- and not Peak publishers then I dont think the figures are far out

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    As we get into the Age of Aquarius, I am expecting to see even more people questioning the religion. That is what Aquarius is about--asking questions. Religious scams, from the grandest of them ....

WTF? Pot and kettle comes to mind right there.

• dark angle
    dark angle

I spotted a mystical interpretation. wtf! an astrological interpretation for a superstitious borg.hehehhehehehe.

Anyways its the advance of technology, information and education thats weaning off religious mysticism aroung the world.

• extractor
    extractor

March, 2008 The Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life:

" Jehovah's Witnesses have the lowest retention rate of any religion. Only 37% of all those who say they were raised as Jehovah's Witnesses still identify themselves as Jehovah's Witnesses."

• clarity
    clarity

Good comments 'guys'

Thanks to all of you .............. omg it will be ssoooooo great when the evil men "will be no more"

So here's to the membership stats going down to .................................0

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit