Men's Bible Study Group Suggestion

by allyouneedislove 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• allyouneedislove
    allyouneedislove

Is there such thing as a men's study group that is totally non-denominational, not attached to any church or denomination?

Furthermore, if I attended such a study and the Elders found out, would it be considered a DAing offense, even though it would be affiliated with any particular church or denomination? Any thoughts?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

That is a good question. I have a very religious neighbor, he has bible study in his home every week. He is a really nice guy. , but I have never been to his bible study.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

There are groups that meet together and discuss the bible on certain days. My sister in law who lived with my wife and I a couple of years ago who is not a jdub and who is originally from texas, would go to bible study at various places in maryland, where we live, and she told me that most of them were jdubs. I guess that could be risky, but I myself would like to do that also. I haven't checked it out fully yet but what if I go and run into another elder I served with. That would freak me out. If there were women there it would be okay with me, because they can give a different objective.

So, someday very soon I'm going to take the plunge and do it.

Kojack

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Oh! And by the way, if the elders found out about it they would most definitely disfellowship you. For Apostasy!! Just like the did to our dear brother Ray Franz.

Kojack

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I'm sure you could find something on Craigslist or meetup.com.

Doing so would be risky thought if the elduhs find out the true nature of the group....Then again, you could point out its your "personal ministry" some info on the Uthank case!!! LOL.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

You're not even allowed to meet with other JW's to study the Bible!

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

It is forbidden in the WT, therefore a DF offense. Can't have you read the bible alone, you may see that that it contradicts the WT.

“Thus the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they may believe that they can interpret the Bible. For this reason the Bible cannot be properly understood without Jehovah’s visible organization in mind.”—WT Oct 1, 67 pg 587

“We all need help to understand the Bible, and we cannot find the Scriptural guidance we need outside the ‘faithful and discreet slave’ organization.”—WT Feb 15, 81 pg 19

“They say that it is sufficient to read the bible exclusively, either alone or in small groups at home. But, strangely, through such ‘Bible reading,’ they have reverted right back to the apostate doctrines that commentaries by Christendom’s clergy were teaching 100 years ago…”— WT Aug 15, 81 pg 29

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Such groups definitely exist. I've been in women's Bible studies. They seem better than denominational ones where the priest is eager to hold the line. Certain Bible Studies, by invitation only, are a very hot status symbol in DC.

If you distorted the Bible the way the WT does, would you want anyone reading it. They are SO like the Roman Catholic Church. Nothing wrong with that except they brag how superior they are.

The WT would have you believe your true Bibles are demon possessed. Mere possession of such a Bible can lead to demon infestation. I'm not aware of Witness exorcisms, either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit