Pitiful, Pitiful, PiteeeFULL

by TOTH 8 Replies latest jw friends

• TOTH
    TOTH

So the Hounder Hounder co was in town for his bean counting mission and he was invited to pay my ill father in law a visit. Just like every other time he comes since father in law NEVER attends anymore because of his failing health but this time he is a little judgmental. My father in law felt very much like he was being interrogated rather than shepherded. So what does he do? He does not go to the bible or ask for prayers or apologize. He pulls out a stack of washtowel magazines two feet thick and shows the co ALL of the underlining he has done. And THAT appeased to sonofabitch. I supposed the sign of your position as one of Christ's lambs is not the love you have for your fellowman or fellow jw, it's the number of underlined sentences within the wt authority...the washtowel magazine. I felt such pity when he related this to me, even as he beamed with pride for having won over the co with such a display of faith that managed to help him to redeem himself.

Has anyone else around here seen this happen with a co?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Well CO's can be quite rigid with their own rules. I saw one reprimand my BIL for not wearing a white shirt. Other's seem aloof as if they are just counting time.

• TOTH
    TOTH

I know HUH! We had one co named Mega...My brother called him Brother Megadeth behind his back...LOL ...Anyways he used to nag about the stupidest stuff. One VERY helpful and dedicated elder was made to step down because he was overweight. Once a small child walked in front of the platform at the ca in Yuba City, CA and he stopped talking and said MODALES...MANNERS in Spanish. Embarrased the parents who were STUDIES so bad they left and to my knowledge never returned. The kid was going to teh bathroom and his parents were sitting in the front row with him. What was he supposed to do crawl beneath the chairs to get to the bathroom???

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I remember one CO that got wind that the cong was known in the circuit as the party hall. Well this CO decided he was going to break up the fun. Every talk included advice on alcohal. Even meeting for field service. He would corner certain publishers and then drill them for answers. He would also flirt with all the single sisters.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Wow that is really quite sad...

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

TOTH:

I used to attend my CA at Yuba City. Small world.

I remember a CO who was nicknamed "The Terminator". He told the BOE that an elder or a MS who said the word crap should be removed. We said, "That is c-rap (pronounced "see-rap").

• TOTH
    TOTH

Wha Happened...We had one in Albuquerque that made it a df offense to host a party. Stupidass....

Truth_b_known...LOL, I bet if he caught wind of it he would have pitched a fit! LOL

We used to drive in from Sacramento and in the foggy times it was a DRAG to go to Yuba City.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

a df offense to host a party? I think the big JC hosted a party once, it was called the memorial

• TOTH
    TOTH

Ya, we had some former professional musicians and singers in the congregation and they often played and sang folks songs. well a few kids got into trouble at some gathering and the co pitched a coniption over it and banned ALL gatherings/parties/celebrations. ANYONE found to have attended would lose priveleges and teh host would be sent to a jc and possibly df's. Stupid....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit