WT study article for April 30-6 "Help People to Awake from Sleep"

by thecrushed 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

I found this article to be quite ironic! Here is the pdf for the lesson http://download.jw.org/files/media_magazines/w_E_20120315.pdf

I had to endure this at the KH today and wondered if everyone would like to have fun picking the mind control and other nonsense out of this lesson.

I noticed this on paragraph 13: "Prayer interests people of nearly all cultures, even some atheists." Really!? why would an Atheist wonder about prayer?

Here is something really biased I caught:The sister continued: “One day, I phoned one of my sisters who lives hundreds of miles away. She told me that

she asked her preacher to study the Bible with her, but he never did.

Seriously? I don't think this is always true. I've heard examples like this multiple times and I just don't buy it. All preachers can't be afraid to teach the bible to there congregation.

Just 2 little things I noticed. My brain was numb at the meeting or I might have caught more things.

• irondork
    irondork

Let a baptized member of the Jehovah's Witness organization go up to the presiding overseer of any congregation and ask that he conduct a bible study with her and see what kind of answer she gets. She'll get shuffled around until someone steps up who doesn't mind encouraging the sister without the ability to count that time.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

You wrote " I noticed this on paragraph 13: "Prayer interests people of nearly all cultures, even some atheists." Really!? why would an Atheist wonder about prayer?"

A: I would be wondering how someone could really think that it works, I guess it does work, it works on the mind of the ones praying and the ones hearing the prayer. It makes them feel inferior as a human and that they are imperfect creatures needing redemption from a sinful life. But as far as a omnipotent being hearing and filing your prayer away, naahhh!

I think that it is just a way to control people from afar 24/7

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Perhaps the atheist they were talking about is George Carlin?

" I've begun worshiping the sun for a number of reasons. First of all, unlike some other gods I could mention, I can see the sun. It's there for me every day. And the things it brings me are quite apparent all the time: heat, light, food, a lovely day. There's no mystery, no one asks for money, I don't have to dress up, and there's no boring pageantry. And interestingly enough, I have found that the prayers I offer to the sun and the prayers I formerly offered to "God" are all answered at about the same 50-percent rate." - George Carlin

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS lies and tweaks their experiences and there is no way a reader can confirm what is said like you can in a newspaper. When my husband was to give an experience, the CO changed it to the point that it did not resemble the facts. There is a reason for the anonymity.

• steve2
    steve2

The organization even "changes" (i.e., exaggerates) the positive messages when it suits. In the early 1970s, a notorious worldy family, including their antisocial adolescents, came into the organization and cleaned up their physical presentation very smartly. In months they were a prim and proper family - an amazing reflection of what happens when the overt emphasis is on looking "right". The family's experiences were told and retold at meetings and conventions for literally years. When one of them was baptized or pioneered or became a ministerial servant or, some years later, was appointed an elder, the family's "experience" was told yet again. I knew this family well.

Yet over the years of retelling, their story changed significantly. The amount of time it took the family to "come into the Truth" shrank, the time it took before they were baptized shrank, their experiences in the field became more and more dramatic. I'd hear their experience at a convention and identify so many exaggerations that I honestly wondered and worried that no one else seemed to care.

Sadly, in the mid-1980s, one of the "wonder" children who had come into the Truth and that they used to praise to high heaven, killed himself. Silence. Now when their experiences were told at conventions, they'd either say nothing about their child or brush over his death.

Fact is, the exaggerations continued - which always troubled me because these were supposed to be people who cared about "truth" in worship and daily living. However, when it came to talking about their organization and personal experiences, they often exaggerated to the point where they were lying. For torch-bearers of "the Truth" that is hypocritcal and damning.

• supernerdboy
    supernerdboy

I had to go to that meetring today. SUCKED!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Marking for some future fun with that blasted article!!

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

This article was just a fluffed up sales meeting/push; it wasn't focused on staying awake spiritually, it was centered on staying alert to pushing the WTBT$ cult, their message and the litter-a-turd.

Pretty much what I got out of it was:

A- staying awake means you continually push WTBT$ crap

B- be alert to ways to move product and sell upgrades

C- if at first you don't succeed, don't give up, keep hounding your prospects until they give in

D- don't slack off (get drowsy), maintain alertness by looking for new ways to get product into peoples hands

This thing read like a sleazy salesman’s handbook.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

"Prayer interests people of nearly all cultures, even some atheists."

They probably have a copy of "God Delusion" on their shelf there up in Brooklyn. That book has a pretty good chapter on a study done where people pray for those who are sick.

They are masters of twisting people's words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit