Apology from Me

by Danielson 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Danielson
    Danielson

My apology still stands to these fine people,but maybe I should clarify my position where I believe I am. I know God exsists, I am conviced Christ is God's Son soley on biblical merit. I find I can work with the machinery just tryin not to get caught in it.It may be lame and pathetic but its my reality.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I apologize to Flower and Farckel.

Well, that's ok. Is it because you misspelled my name? (Just teasing.)

: We kind of got into a heated discussion.

Not really. I presented a challenge and you ran from it.
    Fact. Ex-Jws don't need to get into "heated" discussion with JWs. Those without the evidence and facts are ALWAYS those who get "heated" or angry when they have to confront those facts and evidence.

: Due mostly to their negative feelings about the JW experience.

The "JW experience" as you put it is, to put it simply, "hell," and I'll show you why:

1) Salvation through quotas and performance (un-Biblical. What did Jesus say about the ONLY two laws that summed up the Law Covenant and the rest of the Bible?)

2) Bending down to laws made by clueless Pharisees (un-Biblical. Read Matthew 23)

3) Meddling in the conscience of believers (un-Biblical. Where does the Bible discuss oral sex between consenting married couples or breast-touching or flag-saluting, to name a few? Where does the Bible even hint that Cornelius HAD to quit being a soldier when he converted? Nowhere, that's where. You are being ruled by clueless Pharisees, who are the same types that Jesus despised and ridiculed.)

There's LOTS more. I gotta LOTS more and I will share it if you dare me to do so.

: I understand that.I don't want to debate or be led out of bondage.

So, you're saying "I'm in bondage and I wanna be there?" Shame.

: Im just trying to understand.

GREAT! That is a good start! There are many of us who can provide you with facts (not bullshit) to help you understand the truth about the "Truth." You may not like what you hear, but it's your life to live and your religion to worship and sacrifice yourself for. Or not.

Farkel

• DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

FYE: Danielson and I are of no relation.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Farkel: Good points. You noted to Danielson,

"Not really. I presented a challenge and you ran from it. Fact. Ex-Jws don't need to get into "heated" discussion with JWs. Those without the evidence and facts are ALWAYS those who get "heated" or angry when they have to confront those facts and evidence."

I would like to add that sometimes it is not being armed with "facts" but feeling in control or not that leads to anger. When my wife and I were about to get married, we started studying with the JWs ... and her parents welcomed a meeting with us and the JWs to talk some sense into us. As it turned out, between the confidence of the JWs and our already bias for the religion, they were stumped ... not in control ... even though the meeting was in their house. They started getting upset ... and the meeting became rather emotional for them.

Sometimes, a person armed with facts and being honest and genuine will feel outnumbered, and frustrated that the 'group mentality' has turned on her/him. A person feeling this way will often react with frustration and anger ... not at the lack of facts or their ability to present them ... but they are reacting to group dynamics.

Given that JW supporters have few real facts, do not see the fraud of the religion, then having to face group dynamics, they may react much more strongly. ... I suspect that Danielson may have been in this position. Just my 2 cents.

• flower
    flower

Danielson, thats ok. I guess I just found our conversations a little disturbing but no apology is necessary.

I just dont understand how someone can have the knowledge that you have said you have (having read CofC and other literature and being convinced of the fraudity of the position of the Governing Body for over two years now) and yet not want to leave. Most people have a reason to be in that position (ie family they want to keep contact with so they can help them to see the truth, business obligations , plans to somehow work from the inside ect). But the fact that your only reason for staying is that you just WANT to stay is a little unsettling. A person that would stay for no real reason, knowing about the lies and abuse and destruction of families and all the other harm the cult does to people, has very little respect from me and is not someone I want to deal with.

Perhaps you have a good reason why you stay but you just dont want to share and thats fine too.

Or perhaps you are not thoroughly convinced and that is fine too..its hard for someone born in the org to accept. I found myself flip flopping back and forth at first. You'll get there in your own time. Just listen to what these guys say cause they speak the real 'truth'.

Or perhaps you are not a JW at all. TWT I suppose.

take care,

flower

• Imbue
    Imbue

why do you appoligize all the time?
    All is fare in these discussions. As long as you respect that other people have the right to have different views.

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again when it doesn't work.

• Danielson
    Danielson

Imbue, you will find this is one of my worst character traits. Oh sorry DOH!!!!!!!!lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit