coping mechanism

by independenthinker 9 Replies latest jw friends

• independenthinker
    independenthinker

had a meeting with elders today. . . . got wasted at a party with worldly friends to take my mind off things. anyone else use drink as a coping mechanism?

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Sure I drink, but not always to get wasted, because I like waking up without a hangover. So, tell us the details of what the brothers said.

Kojack

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

sorry not a coping mechanism. substance abuse of any kind is an avoidance mechanism.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Escapism is not a way to deal with your problems.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

had a meeting with elders today. . . . got wasted at a party with worldly friends to take my mind off things. anyone else use drink as a coping mechanism?

Well there's your mistake. You should have gotten wasted at a witness party! You'll never get in trouble after one of those.

How did the meeting go?

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Well there's your mistake. You should have gotten wasted at a witness party! You'll never get in trouble after one of those.

How did the meeting go?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

details?

• independenthinker
    independenthinker

i have never been to a witness party where alcohol was present!

they compared my worldly girl to a disease, and then we had a really long debate on salvation and i told them that i believe god is a million times more merciful than you want me to believe

• jemba
    jemba

Love what you said to the elders 'independentthinker'. Please be careful with alcohol though as when you are having problems it is addictive and alcoholism is not something you want to add to your problems. I hope you have supportive friends and family.

• sinedie
    sinedie

Yesterday I had wine for breakfast, lunch and dinner, today I have calms. I'm a mess!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit