The Original "Kingdom Ministry"

by Justin 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Justin
    Justin

I came across the following article in the August 1904 Watch Tower. It's entitled "A Word to Our Dear Colporteurs," a colporteur being a religious book salesperson, the forerunner of today's pioneer. Notice how similar the instructions are to field service instructions today, except the presentations are much longer than today's (no doubt because people are more hurried now, and also because the JWs have worn out their welcome). The article is found in the Harvest Truth Database V5.0 at http://www.agsconsulting.com/htdbnon/r3412.htm

Justin

• Justin
    Justin

I've discovered that, in order to go the my link for the Harvest Truth Database, I need to click on the back arrow after I click on the link. This may be your experience as well.

Justin

• VM44
    VM44

Look what's in the script for Method C,

"Good morning! Excuse me, please, for troubling you. I am representing the Bible and Tract Society of Allegheny, Pa., and think you will be interested in our work. This Society sends us out to call the attention of Christian people to the MILLENNIAL DAWN, or PLAN OF THE AGES"

Note that they are telling the person to say they are
    a representative of "the Bible and Tract Society" WOW!

Times have changed, the Watchtower Society now tells the publishers
    very specifically that they are NOT to say they are representatives
    of the Watchtower Society. This is so the WTS will not be
    charged if the publisher does anything resulting in a lawsuit.

Publishers! You are on your own!

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit