Children and religion

by d 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• d
    d

I feel that parents should raise their children not to be religious but should have the children explore for themseves what is true.Teaching a child that one religion is true is just wrong.

Tell me what you think.

• Fernando
    Fernando

I have come to view ALL religion as a snare and a racket as well as socially destructive and the exact opposite of faith, spirituality and the gospel.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I feel that parents should raise their children not to be religious but should have the children explore for themseves what is true.Teaching a child that one religion is true is just wrong.

Tell me what you think

I think thats true. But I am 60 years old and its 2012.

When I was born in 1952 information was hard to come by.

My parents did not come across that line of reasoning.

My son is 38 and my granddaughter is 7, my grandson is 1, to the limited extent I can, I will

try to expose religion as a snare and a racket to my family.

Even today, I bet young people with little children have little time to reflect on words of wisdom.

Religion enters the lifes of the poor and uneducated, and fills a void.

I think when people become more educated and wealthier religions role changes.

With both the Catholic Church and the JW's brainwashing children is very important to the life

of the religion.

On the other hand I have heard it said, if you dont believe in something, you will fall for anything.

And through out history mankind has fallen for anything many times.

So God bless or good luck to the future generations.

• d
    d

I agree when people are down and out they will turn to anything for hope.

• umadevi
    umadevi

Coming from a colorful background of hinduism and then converting to christianity, plus with the fact that I live in a moderate muslim country, I have come to realize that all religions come with pros and cons. As for my 9 year old son I let him know that it will be wise for him to show interest in religion when he is old enough to understand and accept the pros and cons. As for now I just teach him that having good morals and being honest is just fine.

• mP
    mP

Kids should not be forced into any religious activities. If a kid cant drive, live by themselves and more, they shouldnt be required or forced into religious that are having a major impact on their lives. If they wish to witness they can when they are adults, but they shouldnt be allowed for the simple reason it makes them a target unnecessarily at school.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit