Blogging about Selma and Steve

by Rob Crompton 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rob Crompton
    Rob Crompton

I wonder if any of you folk have posted anything on your blogs or websites about this scandalous WT article?

Links, please?

Here's mine:

http://snigsfoot.blogspot.com

Rob Crompton

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks Rob

Here's mine:

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/won-without-a-word-at-what-cost

Cedars

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Here is a blog devoted to just Selma and Steve:

http://steveandselma.tumblr.com/

• james_woods
    james_woods

No blog from me, but I would just like to say this: This is the most immoral thing to appear in the magazines since that Awake with the cover picture celebrating kids who died because of their blood policy.

• okage
    okage

They seriously teach that Dinah is respondible for getting raped while visiting friends? Kind of shows the God they're working with. "I'll have the schoolgirl get raped for having friends that sin, while her margarita guzzling prostitute friends get off scott-free. So sayeth me, I am the Lord." Kinda makes you want to rape the governing body and see if they keep that stance. I'm still confused by their choice of which laws to keep from the OT and which to disregard as "erased through the new covenant." If a woman is abused by her husband, she has to stay with him and risk murder. But I have yet to see a JW who got his hand cut off for stealing, a rapist JW who was forced to marry his victim, or a DF'd one stoned to death. How are these people still in business?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

okage: Kinda makes you want to rape the governing body and see if they keep that stance.

Ummm, have you SEEN any of them? They faces are more effective than any other known form of birth control!

okage: But I have yet to see a ... a DF'd one stoned to death.

Interesting you say that. A couple of years after I was DF I applied for reinstatement. The kind, loving elder that Chaired the meeting encouraged me by saying that if we were still under the Mosaic Law they would take me outside and stone me to death.

After I reminded him that we are NOW under the Law of the Christ and encouraged him to go read John chapter 8 I left. I've never been back.

• Rob Crompton
    Rob Crompton

Oodad said: "The kind, loving elder that Chaired the meeting encouraged me by saying that if we were still under the Mosaic Law they would take me outside and stone me to death."

Quite a lot of us had that one thrown at us. Nice people these JWs!

RobC

• okage
    okage

@Rob Crompton: Apparently, the most loving, happy people on earth, if you drink enough Kool-Aid...

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Oh yeah, you see, compared to getting stoned to death, shunning is a mild form of discipline.

That tool of an elder even had the audacity to say that shunning is a way to show love. I wished I'd had the presence of mind to say, "Well then, why don't you go home and give your wife the old 'silent treatment' and show her how much you love her!"

• trebor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit