Are "six-sigma" and "kaizen" cults?

by Silent_Scream 6 Replies latest social current

• Silent_Scream
    Silent_Scream

I have been receiving training in both aspects and an simultaneously reading Steve Hassans book. I can't help but continue to make connections, but I need these courses for my career advancement. Online there isn't much about the content of these courses and they are defended by many, I assumed whom have used them.

What do you think?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I have many coworkers who did the six-sigma training. The way they talk about it, it does sound like a cult.

• mummatron
    mummatron

PMSL!

The cult of the Japanese-efficiency inspired manufacturing quality process. I love it!

• Silent_Scream
    Silent_Scream

Lol. So it's not just me. I HAVE to undergo training, but the more I learn, the more its suspicious. 80% of BIG companies are utilizing it. Scary.

• james_woods
    james_woods

When my ex-wife (JW) started training to become a State Farm agent, they made her read Dianetics.

(classic L. Ron Hubbard Scientology propaganda)

I don't know if they do this any longer.

• moshe
    moshe

You just have to look at the Fukushima nuclear plant disaster to see how Japan's six-sigma worked for them. (questioning attitude, what's that?)

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Silent Scream, Six-Sigma, TQM, Lean, and Lean+ are process improvement techniques/tools. Since no behavioral, information, thought, or emotional (BITE) control techniques are used to coerce or intimidate employees to use those techniques Steve Hassen would not classify them as a dangerous cult. The teaching methods may seem cultish, but there is a big difference between a cult and a dangerous cult.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit